cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Roaming working in Ka’anapali Maui Hawaii?

J-9
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, any recent experience using the US Roaming package on Maui, Kaanapali area?

thanks

8 REPLIES 8

@softech- Yup. We left Monday morning. Still oddly had to do de-icing. It was above freezing and the wings were exposed to the sun for the turn-around time so why de-icing. Oh well.

J-9
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Awesome, thanks for the update.

@dust2dust   you are in Hawaii?  you know you missed the nice ❄️ in YVR?

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Here right now. Everything works perfectly. Let us know if you have any problems. Heck, we could meet up and I could help you figure things out if it's a problem.

@WippyShippy 

🎼🎵🎶Let it snow 🎵🎶  Let it snow Let it snow 🎶🎵🎼

🌨 ❄️

@J-9 and roaming is many area are good.  Afterall, it is using T-Mobile.  If it is spotty, T-Mobile subscribers in the south would be screaming. 

If you want to test out the roaming (maybe you need to receive calls and text and send out text on your PM number), just test it out with roaming add-on.  As said, PM will certainly reverse the transaction if it does not work (no hassle), so it is pretty much a free to try.   If it does not work, you can still buy local data. 

It is Safe and NO sorry  

WippyShippy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

No, but I would love to go there this time of year. [looking out the window at falling snow] 😎 

walker1
Mayor / Maire

@J-9   You'd probably be better off getting a cheap local USA mobile service like Mint Mobile.  It's better to be safe than sorry 😔.  Why wait and find out if the roaming add on will work or not, and then have to go through the hassle of getting a refund.

The roaming add on service, will be spotty at best.    If you're OK with that, then go for it.     Good luck.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@J-9 

couple members confirmed that the roaming service work in Hawaii.  One of them here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Purchased-data/m-p/906787/highlight/true#....

I’m actually in Honolulu area and it worked great! There’s a few spots on island that it didn’t work well such as the north shore,Waialua and Haleiwa very spotty areas but from airport all around Honolulu,Waikiki, Hawaii Kai it works beautiful.

I am not sure if it works in Ka’anapali Maui  exactly 

If you like, you can just buy the roaming service first and see if it works.  If not, PM will refund you the money.  

Need Help? Let's chat.