cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Roaming add on

seltaeb1956
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

First time using this service, do I have to do anything to my phone, or do I just start roaming as soon as I cross border????? I have purchased the 10 day roaming package, one for my phone which is Iphone 7, and my wifes which is samsung 7.....thanks for help in advance

3 REPLIES 3

sbreakin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Yes i also suggest powering off & re-starting (as mentioned above @Mana @NDesai mentioned although since it's an add-on to same PM SIM it should work as you cross the border.  We got this abut 6 months ago & it all worked just fine (I don't recall having to do anyhting special - just worked by connecting to ATT once lost PM signal, as i recall -assuming your cellular setting is to auto).

It is a little less data than we typically have on PM so a ocoue quick tip:

- if you use Google maps for driving you can download & save maps for your routes either at home before you go or each night using hotel wifi (or coffee/ meals places).

We didn't even use all the data for our 12 day trip (obviously the plan didn't last whole trip).  I bought it on line as we arrived at the first hotel as didn't really need it the first day & ran out at midnight of day before returning home. I know the USA border routes prety well so didn't need data at either end of trip.

Mana
Mayor / Maire

Hi,

its always a good good idea to turn off your phone, remove the sim, reinsert sim and power up the phone. 

Please make sure that roaming in enabled on your phones. 

Have a safe trip and enjoy!

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Yes, just start roaming. As long as you have the add-on active in your self-serve account, it should work.

Need Help? Let's chat.