cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Roaming - What does "10 days" mean

peosteve
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hello all, 

I'm going to the US for 11 days. I'm going to get the US roaming package, but my question is when to activate it, to get the optimal usage. Is "10 days" actually 10 calendar days or is it 240 hours? Or, maybe I'll ask it like this - if I activate it at 12:01am on December 28, does it expire on January 7 at 12:01am or 11:59pm?

Thanks! 

Steve 

7 REPLIES 7

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I think it is all how you look at it.

i believe the other carriers typically charge 5-6$ /per day so a 2 week trip would cost $70-$84

two 10 day addons @ talk,txt, 500 mb = $20x2 = $40.     so it is a savings already. 

yeah I hate paying for something i dont use but it is still better/cheaper than the other options.

using the same example anything less than a 4 day trip roam like home is cheaper, greater than 4 days then PM is cheaper.  

there is no one soluion that fits everybody. We just got to work with what we have, and  let them know what we would like to have:)

peosteve

Thanks for that and for your wishes. 

It's too bad they don't have single-day add-ons. Would have loved to do the 10-day option and then do add-ons for the other two days. But I'm sure I'm not the first person who complained... 😁

mimmo

here are all the faq about usa roaming iincluding the 1855 number  have a great trip

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Learn-all-about-US-Roaming/ta-p/75772

peosteve

That's a great idea. My wife is on Rogers and will be connected the whole time. We just need to figure out whether we'll have to be more in touch on the way there or way back. 

Thanks for the idea though! I forgot about the 1800 number that always works. I called it once when my credit card expired and Public Mobile didn't alert me until after they blocked my plan. 😵

peosteve

Thanks for the info. I hate that there are no "top up" options. I'd think most people go away for a few days, one week or a multiple of weeks. I wonder where this ten day option came from. 

mimmo

@peosteve  If you know your pin and you have a credit card linked toyour account you can dial the 1800 number and actiate the addon(s) you see fit.

Depending on what you need/ when you arive /leave you could activate a talk only plan on day 1 and then data plan on day 2. that way you would always have some sort of connection.  

My wife and i were in teh USA a while back for 14 days and on one phone we put talk text and data and 4 days later we put talk and text on the other one. this way we overlapped for most of teh vacatiion but always had a method of calling when needed. 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@peosteve, it is calendar days and it is based off of the Eastern Time zone.  So if you activate any time on the 28th of December eastern time it will expire at 11:59 Eastern Time July 6th

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.