cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Roam from Canada

Dimaruci
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am going to the US . If it says 50gb within Canada and the US in my subscription. I dont have to add any US Roam add-ons? Right?.

9 REPLIES 9

@Dimaruci  Just for an example if ur not US/CAnada and you used ur data without add-on. Will you get a text message warning?

If you are not in the US or Canada your phone simply won't work so you would not be able to use data regardless.

Verbal
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

You are right, It should roam freely without any hiccups if you have an Iphone 8 or newer. If it's an older version of  a phone you may have trouble making phonecalls. Text and data usually work fine.

Here's what I've found works best:

Turn your data to roaming and make sure it's on 4G/LTE

If no networks pop up when you get to the states then manually search them in settings and choose T-mobile or AT&T.

Make sure calling is set to VoLTE

Enjoy your time in the states!

DoriM

That is right! I have a plan that says the same thing and I go to the states multiple times a year and never need to buy an addon. You need to turn your data on roaming in settings but it won't cost you extra because it is already covered in your plan.

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

You will not be charged for any additional fees. With public mobile either th features work or they don't. Not even in Canada. 

@Dimaruci 

PM is a prepaid service so if you don’t purchase an Add-on…it won’t work if you are on the Canada plan so no.

But you can download the TexNow app for free calling and texting through wifi if you are in the US.

Dimaruci

Just for an example if ur not US/CAnada and you used ur data without add-on. Will you get a text message warning?

Meow
Mayor / Maire

That is Correct IF your plan is USA/Canada.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Dimaruci 

You got it! Everything works in both countries without purchasing USA roaming Add-on! Just remember to enable roaming and VoLTE in your phone setting.

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

@Dimaruci  that's right.  You just need to make sure your poke is VoLTE enabled and can connect to 4G or LTE. 

Need Help? Let's chat.