cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Plan

Bikergal_57
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just changed to the US Plan thinking that I could make phone calls in the States.  I understand that I am unable to do so and, of course, my previous plan is no longer available plus I had to switch plans in between dates so no refund for unused portion of my previous plan.  Is there a way to cancel what I did a couple of hours ago and revert back to my original plan?  I need something to make calls while in the States.

5 REPLIES 5

@Bikergal_57 wrote:

My brother-in-law switched to a US Plan (Public Mobile) and he was unable to make calls.  I have an iPhone 11 so looks like it is compatible.  Thank-you for your help.  Do I need to do anything so I don't use all my data from roaming?  (Sorry, not very phone savvy)

@Bikergal_57 

Maybe your Brother in law had some technical difficulties while roaming. 

Generally, you should have no problems while roaming in the United States.  Just use your phone as normal (as in Canada).  You need to enable roaming on your iPhone, but I leave that option on anyways. 

Here is some more help if you need it:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ab/get-help/articles/us-roaming-troubleshooting

Bikergal_57

Thanks for your response - I switched to the $39 plan so, based on another message, I should be OK

Bikergal_57

My brother-in-law switched to a US Plan (Public Mobile) and he was unable to make calls.  I have an iPhone 11 so looks like it is compatible.  Thank-you for your help.  Do I need to do anything so I don't use all my data from roaming?  (Sorry, not very phone savvy)

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Bikergal_57 

If you switched to the US-Canada plans, you will be able to make phone calls while traveling in the USA.  Why do think that you are unable to make phone calls?

However, you should have a VoLTE PM compatible phone to have a better voice calling experience.  

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ab/get-help/articles/volte

eddieO
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Bikergal_57 which US plan did you switch to? If you are on a Canada-U.S. plan you should be able to make unlimited calls there as well as texts and data (up to your data limit of course)

Need Help? Let's chat.