cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Data add on

ZDE
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm traveling to the US and already have a canadian public mobile plan that includes data. Can I use the data currently in my candaina plan when roaming in the US or do I need to purchase separate data?

9 REPLIES 9

MickeyMoose01
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@srlawren , @ChuckYeah  Yeah my bad I corrected my sentence the way I wanted to tell it. Thanks

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@LovesToPM wrote:

@MickeyMoose01 wrote:

The 50$ does include an unlimited talk in the US.

But for data you'll have to buy an add-on, I suggest you go with the 1GB Data Plan for $20 valid 10 days after your purchase.

Smiley Very Happy

Bit of a correction. The $50 plan includes calls to both Canada and USA while you are in Canada. You cannot use the services of the $50 plan while you are in USA.

@MickeyMoose01 this is an important correction: the $50 plan does NOT include any airtime while you are in the USA, only calls to the USA while you are in Canada.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@MickeyMoose01 wrote:

The 50$ does include an unlimited talk in the US.

But for data you'll have to buy an add-on, I suggest you go with the 1GB Data Plan for $20 valid 10 days after your purchase.

Smiley Very Happy

Bit of a correction. The $50 plan includes calls to both Canada and USA while you are in Canada. You cannot use the services of the $50 plan while you are in USA.

MickeyMoose01
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The 50$ does include an unlimited talk to the US while in Canada.

Smiley Very Happy

@ChuckYeah wrote:

@ZDE Unless you have a plan that mentions US data, which currently there are none, you must buy a 10 day add on.

usplans.png

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Unless your plan includes US roaming otherwise you would need to purchase a US roaming add-on which are valid for 10 days from purchase.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/us-roaming

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

@ZDE Unless you have a plan that mentions US data, which currently there are none, you must buy a 10 day add on.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@ZDE wrote:

I'm traveling to the US and already have a canadian public mobile plan that includes data. Can I use the data currently in my candaina plan when roaming in the US or do I need to purchase separate data?

Your PM plan services can be used only while you in Canada (unless you have the $60 plan that was offered last year for a limited time).

To use your phone in USA, there are a number of US Roaming add-ons you can purchase.

You can logon your account, click on Purchase add-ons to see the list. The US Roaming add-ons are effective immediately upon purchase and they last for 10 days.

Need Help? Let's chat.