cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US-CANADA PLAN - US 2FA Automated Text Message not Working

JulianP
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am subscribed to US-CANADA Plan that covers data, call and text messages. I am currently residing in US and my phone (Iphone) is on roaming mode. I am able to do phone calls and regular texting. When I send confirmation code via automated text (US bank and Insurance company) messaging system, I don’t receive any messages. This frustrates me, is there any way to receive US 2 FA automated text messages?

5 REPLIES 5

@JulianP 

check with your US bank to see what short code they use to send 2FA

Only shortcodes found here can be sent and receve:

https://www.txt.ca/en/current-short-code-programs/

if your US bank not on this shortcodes list, likely not, ask them if they can send the code via email (not safe) or can they use Authoteicator app (better and safer choice)

JulianP

That’s tough one as I never tried to receive US 2FA code while I was in Canada. This would be my first time trying to receive an US 2FA text messages.  

JulianP

No, I am with PM for a few years now. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@JulianP 

you ever receive the 2FA code with this US bank when you are in Canda?  Hvaing a Canada-US plan does not mean you will get all the 2FA code from US bank.  US bank usually send those code using short code but not all  US shortcodes can sent to Canada.  So, question is , you ever receive the 2FA code when you are in Caada?

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@JulianP  Did you just join PM ? Can take 3-5 days sometimes up to a week for 2FA from other institutions to come thru 

Need Help? Let's chat.