cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

URGENT!!!! Billing Issue - Can't Use Phone

kraymitchell
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@CS_Agent

I can't use my phone! I have an electrician and contractor supposed to be communicating with me today via call and text and nobody can reach me!!!

I have auto-pay enabled, and it was supposed to come out yesterday (I have 500x the amount required available on my card). I have not had any issues being billed previously with this same card.

I get a text today saying that they didn't recieve my payment. I check my credit card and don't see a charge, or a pending transaction. I login and it says my Plan is Expired

I go to re-activate and it says it can't verify my card information. I attempt to add my card again, but it tells me it can't verify my info again. I try reformatting the address as mentioned in numerous posts, but I still get the same error.

Again, I've been using this same card since I started with PM and have not had any issues. 

HELP!!!!

9 REPLIES 9

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@kraymitchell

Be aware, that this is one-way communication! The recipient would not be able to respond back to you if your mobile service is down. You would need to tell them to get back to you through email or provide different number where you can be reached.

@kraymitchell

Since you seem to have access to the internet, and you need to communicate with contractors today, you can send texts to their phone numbers directly through email.

(5551234567@msg.telus.com, for example.  The link below provides a "Bcc:" version which addresses every Canadian carrier - their SMS systems will automatically deliver to the valid address and ignore/reject the invalid addresses - since you probably don't know which carrier the recipient uses.)

https://www.techwyse.com/blog/online-innovation/send-sms-through-email-to-usa-and-canada/

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Email-to-Text-SMS/td-p/63735

kraymitchell

@Korth Thanks for the info. Sadly, not an option for me at this time 😞 But I will keep that in mind for future.

LEGO

@kraymitchell When I said “declined” I was speaking about everyday life situation.

I have multiple credit cards and my credit score is VERY high. Woman Happy

Peace! Woman Happy

Korth
Mayor / Maire

@kraymitchell

Credit card and billing issues aside, if you need your phone working immediately then it's probably best to submit a PM payment voucher (which you can buy at Walmart, WOW Mobile, K-Mobile, Shoppers Drug Mart, 7-Eleven, Canadian Tire, and various other places).

Your plan should automatically (and pretty much instantly) renew once sufficient prepaid funds are available in your account.  And if not, well at least you tried and it will help the mods speed up your account reactivation, all funds in your account will be completely used up (this month or next month) before any charges are made to a credit card.

You'll need to message the mods if this doesn't work (and you still don't have active phone service), or if your AutoPay Reward wasn't properly applied (just $2, but hey you earned it and they can fix that), or if it's a recurring problem next time around (they can fix that too, most of the time, lol).

Failed AutoPay is a known system bug which seems to affect a few random customers every month, it's probably got nothing to do with you or your credit cards.

Your PM account (and balance), and PM SIM card, and phone number are Suspended.  They will be Terminated after 90 days of non-payment (at which point the account is closed, the balance is lost, the SIM card is deactivated, and the phone number is deallocated).  So don't panic, you won't permanently lose anything unless this payment issue remains unaddressed for a long time, lol.  You also won't be billed for the inactive service period and you won't need to pay any sort of disconnection/reconnection penalties.

kraymitchell

My card was not declined.

I know how to manage my money (which is why I only have one card). The issue is that Public Mobile is saying they can't verify my information, so another card will not necessarily fix the issue.

Also, they have sucessfully charged this card with the same info since last year.

FYI - Having multiple credit cards (even if it has a balance of $0 and you never use it, effects your credit score).

LEGO

It is better to have a backup card in case one gets declined. Just need a better management and don’t fall into temptation to use it if you know you have no money.

I hope your issue would be resolved in the timely manner! Have a good day! Woman Happy

P.S. Tagging Moderator_Team takes longer then sending a Private Message to them.

kraymitchell

Thanks LEGO! I read that I was supposed to tag them. Sent them a message.

I don't have another card. I haven't since I was young and stupid and had 4 of them. I have no need for additional cards. 

LEGO

@kraymitchell Try to use different credit card.

You will need to send a private message to a Moderator_Team, they will help to resolve your problem!
Here is the link: click here
In your message, please provide your name, Public Mobile account number or phone number and PIN.
Good luck! Woman Happy

Contact Support hours of operation:
Monday - Friday 9AM (EDT) - 9PM (EDT) Saturday - Sunday 9AM (EDT) - 7:30PM (EDT)

Need Help? Let's chat.