cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UNLOCK PUBLIC MOBILE PHONE

DAR65
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I have an old public mobile phone (pre-2014) and would like you to give me the code to unlock this phone. I was told you could help

Please respond soon

7 REPLIES 7

@EB0 wrote:

@DAR65

if your old phone accept SIM card, try to insert a Public mobile SIM to see if it’s still working. Some old phones can’t connect to public mobile anymore 

Any phone that has ever worked at Public Mobile that has a SIM card slot will still work to this day at Public Mobile.  Since takeover by Telus, Public Mobile has only ever used HSPA, LTE, and 5G networks.  The HSPA network is still in use.

EB0
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@DAR65

if your old phone accept SIM card, try to insert a Public mobile SIM to see if it’s still working. Some old phones can’t connect to public mobile anymore 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@DAR65 

Time to get a new phone.

@DAR65 wrote:

Not working. Did all that. I need a code from a Customer Service Agent, not a response from the Chat box

The chatbot is used to contact a customer service agent. In any event, please first check the type of phone that you have. If it's one of the Public Mobile CDMA devices that doesn't have a SIM card slot, it cannot be unlocked and cannot be used any longer.

@DAR65 wrote:

I have an old public mobile phone (pre-2014) and would like you to give me the code to unlock this phone. I was told you could help

When you say pre-2014, is this one the devices that was sold by Public Mobile before the company was purcahsed by Telus?   If your device is one that was used on the original Public Mobile CDMA network, this phone can no longer be used (anywhere).

DAR65
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Not working. Did all that. I need a code from a Customer Service Agent, not a response from the Chat box

slusagm
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@DAR65 

this is just the community made up from customers like you

to get the unlock code, you need to ask PM for it.  Open ticket with PM using the Orange Chatbot icon on the lower right.  Just type the question Submit Ticket and then select Contact Us to open the form 

Need Help? Let's chat.