cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two things. 236 prefix, no voice on plan on cc pay

Pinewater
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm in Vancouver and I get an announcement saying something about long distance charges when I dial 236 prefix numbers. My credit card has been charged over $1 on some matter by public mobile. I also got no voice service when I paid for it. Today Voice said I don't have voice calls on my plan, the $30 one i paid via credit card. Before I could voice call. I could only make a voice call after I got incoming voice call

16 REPLIES 16

@Pinewater

Not 100% for sure but Public had 2 promos last month

$25 bill credit (if online activation + refer)

1 month free service (instore activation)

Either of those could easily explain bill discrepency

Since Public is prepay service its impossible to charge credit card for things like long distance or roaming (unless you prepurchase them)

@Pinewater wrote:

so you're saying i only paid $1.12 instead of the usual $33? i didn't know i would get that much in credits other than the discount with a credit card payment. i haven't checked the payment history and to be honest this is taking more time than it's worth.

the confusion arises from: the message i get when i dial a 236 prefix in the vancouver bc area, this is, long distance charges may apply. do LD charges apply for this prefix from the 604 and 778 area? and the day i could not do voice calls with the message my plan didn't include voice when i believe it does.

giving all my personal info to something that does not appear to be a 'company rep' is somewhat disconcerting

It is hard to say what exactly happened, that is why we would like to see your payment history. The way PM charges can be a little confusing. You do not need to share any personal information, black it out or something. Quite often, once it is explained it all makes sense. So far as credits go, it depends on when you signed up and a number of other things, something else we maybe able to explain with a payment history.

The message you get may be caused if you do not have a 1 infront of the number. I get that quite often and ignore it, the call goes through but with that said I have Canada wide calling.

Pinewater

so you're saying i only paid $1.12 instead of the usual $33? i didn't know i would get that much in credits other than the discount with a credit card payment. i haven't checked the payment history and to be honest this is taking more time than it's worth.

the confusion arises from: the message i get when i dial a 236 prefix in the vancouver bc area, this is, long distance charges may apply. do LD charges apply for this prefix from the 604 and 778 area? and the day i could not do voice calls with the message my plan didn't include voice when i believe it does.

giving all my personal info to something that does not appear to be a 'company rep' is somewhat disconcerting

Activated on $30 plan

BC tax 12% so $33.60

Billed $1

With BC tax $1.12

If I had to guess what happened?

$30 plan

$25 activation credit (from promo)

$5 balance

$2 autopay reward (since we know you have credit card)

$3 balance

$2 reward (community? refer?)

$1 balance

So nothing wrong here from what I see....

@Pinewater

This does show the charge but like @Dunkman mentioned we need to see your payment history from your Self Serve account to know what has happened here.

@Pinewater

It looks like that the 2nd charge matches your next due date.  What does your payment history show?  You probably got some credit (? $25 special credit or $10 friend referral credit with $2 autopay).  That would reduce your 2nd month bill.  

Did you contact the moderator to fix your other issues?  The moderator will need the following information to confirm the right person:

your phone number, your account number and PIN code.

If you do not have the PIN, please provide us with 3 of the following matching up your account:

Date of Birth
Full address with Postal Code
Last top-up amount and the date
Email address 
Last 4 digits of Credit Card on file

Pinewater

public mobile cc charges upload.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Pinewater, If the PM was from a MOD, they need the account PIN, or MULTIPLE other pieces of information in order to confirm your identity.  Without confirming that you are you, they will not proceed.

Pinewater

gave my name, tel number and acct number. along with description of issues i've encountered

he also asked for DOB, PIN - [did not give]

is this cause for concern?

@Pinewater wrote:

hello i got a request for a private message to share my account details but i was not sure which user name to address the PM to.

my account is 2 months old or at least 2 credit card charges old. i got the $30 unlimited voice and unlimited text with 500 mb data plan

Unless that Private Message is from any of the Moderators which will be indicated by a little blue (MOD) next to the name, I be hesitant to share any personal account details. You are better of posting a screen shot here with your personal information blocked out.

Pinewater

hello i got a request for a private message to share my account details but i was not sure which user name to address the PM to.

my account is 2 months old or at least 2 credit card charges old. i got the $30 unlimited voice and unlimited text with 500 mb data plan

Pinewater

i am on autopay and i did get a charge that i did not originate on 611 or any other number, that's why i was surprised

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

@Pinewater, other than the AutoPay to renew your plan at the end of every prepaid period, Public Mobile does not automatically charge you for anything.  All other charges must be self directed via 611 or the self serve (My Account) module.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Pinewater, did you dial 1 in front of the area code?  I don't use the Koodo service often, yesterday I made a call on my wife's phone and I got the message about long distance charges may apply.  I tried again with 1 in front of the area code and the call went through without the warning.  

On the errant charges, can you post a screen cap of the recent payment history.  The community can help to interpret the charges.  Please white out personal information when posting the screen cap.

Anonymous
Not applicable

you need send a private message >> Click here 

In your message put it, please include.

- your Name 

- your account number ,if you have it 

- your phone number 

- your account, 4 digit PIN

- date of birth 

- Detailed explanation of specific your issue 

- them can help you a lot nice service Team

Waiting for Response, Community Moderators are available from:

Monday to Friday from 9am (EDT) to 9pm (EDT) Saturday and Sunday from 9am (EDT) to 7pm (EDT)
During business hours, we strive to answer all customer messages/inquiries as soon as possible. Usually, that is within an hour, but in peak periods, it could be as much as within 72 hours of receiving the message.
And be patient please

Good Luck

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Pinewater wrote:

I'm in Vancouver and I get an announcement saying something about long distance charges when I dial 236 prefix numbers. My credit card has been charged over $1 on some matter by public mobile. I also got no voice service when I paid for it. Today Voice said I don't have voice calls on my plan, the $30 one i paid via credit card. Before I could voice call. I could only make a voice call after I got incoming voice call

Is your plan a new activation?

Which $30 plan did you pay for?

There are 2 $30 plans.  One without minutes and the other has unlimited voice + unlimited text + 500MB 3G data.

Need Help? Let's chat.