cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two accounts.

Stevenleblanc
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

OK i have two numbers with Public mobile and I'm looking at down grading my account. I just don't want to loose me Plan and  promos. Can I switch numbers from one of my accounts to another so my wife would have me plan and promos, the I could decide what I want to do with my line. Can not lose eiher number as both are important.

10 REPLIES 10

Gandalf

Me too, I wish this switching could be done with PM.

Stevenleblanc

OK decisions made. Downgraded wife's account for now top the $25 plan that gives her everything she had in the $35 plan she had. Gotta keep up on these prices better!! I think the promos will stay on, but we will see at months end. Mine for now will stay the same.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

I think you're misinterpreting. Can you tell us if you have a Promotions Usage area down below all your add-ons on your overview page in your account. It would only be items in there that might be lost. Particularly data. But yes...now with more information for you here, you can re-think.

Stevenleblanc

At least 1 says once used it goes away. not sure just this second on the others. I know they will go with me when I go 4g. I'm starting to rethink my plans after a discussion with the MRS (BOSS).

Do those data items appear in the upper list of add-ons? Or do any appear in their own promo box below all that?

If you have nothing in a lower promo box then the rest will stay on and continue to be usable and even if you change plan down to the $15 plan they will stay. Which would be what I would recommend if no promo box.

You could also simply switch sims between devices.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Stevenleblanc 

It sounds like all the promos you have are add ons from the "more is merrier" campaign from the last couple of years. You only need to schedule a change plan on next renewal for either phone number to the appropriate plan. No need to try and change phone  numbers on accounts. Just change plans.

Stevenleblanc

OK my plan is the $40 3g 5g with 3 data promos for a total of 5gig, 1 I think is a re-occurring but I might be wrong. I also have 2 LD promos for 500 minutes  international I think. Could just be to the US I can't remember.

What I want is to actually put my wife's PM number on my account, and transfer mine to hers. Hers is a cheaper plan that if I downgrade the plan say to the $15 plan, I don't care if it loses it's promos. My phone is basically used for texts, an in most cases incoming calls from DRs for appointments.

Then once transfer ed I want to upgrade hers to 4g.  Hers is our main number mine is for a help line if I go out and have trouble and need help. Getting old is nit for the meek!!

Steven

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Stevenleblanc 

You won’t lose your Reward but it depends if you activated your account with a minimum promo requirements. Eg. Minimum $35 plan for the 2gb for 12 months bonus. If you downgrade to the $15 or $25 plan….you will lose the 2gb bonus.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Stevenleblanc 

Not really. Officially no. But if you got the right agent and botn phone #'s are originally telus/koodo/pm phone numbers then maybe but it does involve risk as thry cannot 100% guarantee you won't lose a phone "#. If you tell us your promos and the plan you want to downgrade to then we can determine if anything is at risk.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

By policy you can't switch numbers around. But YMMV.

Do you mean downgrading your plan? Which promos are you talking about? If they're freebie add-ons then they will be fine. If they're activation bonus data then they might be at risk.

Need Help? Let's chat.