cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble with new account

alberto2462
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Brand new to Public. When setting up my new account, everything seemed to be going fine until I clicked on Process; a 404 error page came up. My credit card was billed for the new plan, but the email/password combination I used to register for service doesn't work. I didn't receive a welcome email, and I'm now confused regarding what to do next.

25 REPLIES 25

alberto2462

All fixed and working properly.  Thanks to all who offered assistance.  Much appreciated.

@alberto2462 I'm almost sure that telus, Koodo customers should just port over after theyve chosen a temporary number. it seems there's always an issue when trying to port over while activation

Moderators are available from Monday to Friday from 8AM to Midnight EST and from Saturday and Sunday from 8AM to 10PM PM EST

you should receive a response soon... they probably weren't open 7 hours ago.. sorry that you're still out of service. the reason it's taking so long is your number is probably lost in the system somewhere and they are trying to retrieve it. this has happened to a few customers that I know of

alberto2462

General question regarding moderators.  I last heard from a moderator 13 hours ago.  I've sent replies 7 hours ago and 3 hours ago.  Typically, how long is the response time?  It's difficult to be patient when you have no phone service.

alberto2462

I've contacted moderators.  Thank you.

@alberto2462 

Since people calling you are getting a not in service message, there isn't anything you can do from your side to fix this. No amount of changing any settings in your phone, restarting it, or even factory resetting it could fix this.

Please allow the moderators to fix this issue.

@alberto2462  

Please contact moderators again for them to investigate.

@alberto2462 try resetting your network settings and restart your phone if it doesn't automatically do so. Stay safe. 

Samsung Galaxy S9 / S9+ - Reset Network Settings
  1. From a Home screen, swipe up or down from the center of the display to access the apps screen. These instructions only apply to Standard mode and the default Home screen layout.
  2. Navigate: Settings. ...
  3. Tap Reset network settings.
  4. Review the info then tap Reset Settings. ...
  5. To confirm, review the info then tap Reset.

alberto2462

Sim numbers match.  I just got a Facebook message from a friend saying that he got a 'number not in service' recording when he called my number.

@alberto2462 

Can you log into your self serve account and click "change sim". Green arrow on picture below.

It will show you the last 4 digits of sim. Make sure they match yours.

Screenshot_20200629_182641.jpg

It will likely match. If it matches. I have a feeling your sim card is not provisioned properly. (Maybe due to the original error you received) if that is the case you'll have to contact the moderators again as they are the only ones that can fix that issue.

alberto2462

None of the offered fixes worked.  Sim did not work in a different phone.  My phone is a Galaxy S9+.

alberto2462

I'll give these things a go.  Rebooting the phone is the first thing I tried, but I didn't remove the sim beforehand.  I'll try anything.  Thanks to you all for being so helpful.  I really want this to work, as it's going to save me about 80 bucks a month!

@alberto2462 try these 2 tricks to restart/ reset your phone service. You could try in order:
1.Restarting your phone. Turn it off, remove the SIM card, reinsert it, wait 5 minutes and restart it.
2.Putting your phone on aeroplane mode for 5 minutes. Take it off and restart.

If they fail, what's the make and model of your phone?  Thanks. Welcome to PM. Stay safe. 

@alberto2462  morning. Unlikely a defective sim.

What is the make and model of your phone?

Did you get it originally from Telus or is it from another provider?

When you put the sim card in and start up the phone.

What exactly happens?

What does the phone display?

What have you tried so far in terms of getting the phone working (besides speaking with mods).. rebooted phone I'm sure,. Have you tried to reset the network settings??

Do you have another phone laying around that you can pop sim in to see if it works?

Thanks.

alberto2462

So porting was successful, as my Telus sim is no longer registered.  Unfortunately, the Public sim isn't registering, either.  Waiting to hear back on a solution.  Possibly a defective sim?  

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hi alberto2462,

I understand that is frustrating! 😞 

Are you still receiving the error? It is possible you were timing out during the registration process.

Contact moderators via private message. Here is a link:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@alberto2462  in the interim since you were able to set up your self serve account. You might as well setup autopay with your card.

You will receive a $2 reward per 30 days for having autopay setup. You can add money to your account at anytime and even add with vouchers. As long as you have autopay setup you'll get the $2 reward.

For the first 30 plan you won't see the reward. Next 30 days will be a $4 reward then $2 afterwards.

To set up autopay. Log into your account then click "Payment" at the top.

Screenshot_20200201_045056.jpg

@alberto2462  Excellent. We'll be waiting!

alberto2462

Perfect. That's what I will do. I'll post back here with results.

@alberto2462  hmmm that error message may have caused an issue as Telus ports are usually fast sometimes a few minutes.i suggest you look at my above post and click the link to speak to simon the chat bot. Type "port request" to open a ticket and moderators will assist you.

You can also click the question mark on bottom right to open a ticket.

Simon.JPG

alberto2462

I did port during activation, but I had errors while activating(404 error page), and I had to go through it all a 2nd time. 

@alberto2462 

Did you port during activation? Telus owns Public Mobile so it should be fairly quick.

If you signed up with a temp number follow #2 below.

1. As a new customer, we recommend porting a number at activation with the exception of Koodo Prepaid customers. 
    • We have made some system enhancements to improve the success rate of this activity. So long as the correct information is entered, this process should be seamless
  2. All other customers: To complete your port-in request, please open our chatbot via this link and type in “port request” to be put in touch with a Moderator. 

alberto2462

Got the Self Serve set up. Had to put in the Telus sim to receive the security pin text. I am porting my number over from Telus, so there's a wait for things to work, correct? Thanks to all for the help.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@alberto2462 since you were charged, insert the sim in your phone and see if it works. then contact customer support here to fix your account

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a message

Moderators are available from Monday to Friday from 8AM to Midnight EST and from Saturday and Sunday from 8AM to 10PM PM EST

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@alberto2462 

Maybe try the SIM card in the phone to determine if the plan is working or not. 

Try to clear cache, incognito mode or different web browser to sign into your self service account.  

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Did you pass the payment section?

If yes check if your card was charged.

If it was charged put your sim card in your phone it will likely work.

If it does work and you were charged go to link below to create your self serve account.

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

If you were not charged. System locks sim for 50 minutes. Wait one hour, clear internet cookie/history cache open a fresh browser in incongnito mode and try again.

Don't forget a referral code for a $10 sign up bonus. If you used one and were charged and service works the credit will be applied within 72 hours.

Welcome to Public Mobile 🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.