Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble porting

MattESalo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm having trouble porting a public number to Bell

It is public # xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

13 REPLIES 13

I'm not sure why you're asking Telus anything. As mentioned, this service has to be active and this sim in a phone. Then you get Bell to re-do the request. Also, as mentioned, Bell are the ones to help you.

MattESalo

I will ask Telus.

MattESalo

Maybe just wait A Telus bought Public . although it could be a long wait...just kidding!

MattESalo

Sorry, I assumed you worked with Public.  Thanks for helping out.  I will wait until Public responds to this before I talk with Bell.   I don't have the iPhone and am keeping it simple.  I hear Telus has unlimited data for $80. H

MattESalo

Sorry, I assumed you  work hdre

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Ready for what? I don't work here. I'm just trying to help.

Send another text from another phone or voip or email->text to make sure this service should work. Adding - reply to it to make sure outgoing works. "Sometimes" is always a troubling word. Are you using an iphone? Adding - turn on send as sms. Turn off imessage. Turn off cell data. Turn off wifi. You just want a normal standard sms text to come in and to reply to as a normal standard sms text.

MattESalo

I will require Bell to reauthenticate.  I can't receive texts sometimes, calling is no problem so I'll ask Bell. Ready?

Since you're past the 90 minutes now, ask Bell to re-trigger the port and leave this sim in to reply. This service is active right? With that sim in, you can talk and text and browse right?

MattESalo

I had the PM simcàrd in my phone 

@MattESalo wrote:

Public has to do something which is to send me a text that I respond to by saying Yes and they do there thing.  This step is according to Bell.

Did you remember to keep the Public Mobile SIM card in your phone when the request was made?  If only your Bell SIM card is in a phone, that text message from Public Mobile won't be received.

MattESalo

Public has to do something which is to send me a text that I respond to by saying Yes and they do there thing.  This step is according to Bell.

MattESalo

Bell said they can't do anymore until Public responds to a request by sending a text to me but no text.  They will need to do it manually if they don't respond in 90 min

@MattESalo wrote:

I'm having trouble porting a public number to Bell

It is public # xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

For assistance with porting to Bell, all supoort is provided by Bell.

Need Help? Let's chat.