cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble porting number from chatre to public mobile

Shamaree
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yesterday I tried porting my chatr phone number to PM. I have service but I can’t receive calls or texts. I spoke to someone at chatr and they said the porting request timed out. Since I didn’t have service with chatr I didn’t get the text to go through with porting my number. I was told to contact someone from public mobile to get them to send another request and then I can call back chatr to verify the request over the phone. I’ve had no luck with reaching out to anyone at public mobile and I really need to be able to use my phone right now. 

1 REPLY 1

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Shamaree 

A critical part to porting is to receive a text from your old provider and you have to reply YES within 90 mins.  If you are not receiving calls and text on your PM sim card, and only outgoing calls, wok  then you might have missed the step and hence porting was not completed

There is a number to call to talk to live support,  they can re-trigger the process for you.  I will message the number to you via the Community inbox ( https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage ) .  Check the envelope icon on top right.  Call them and get it fixed

Need Help? Let's chat.