cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travelling, need to stop the service...

malik444
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi Everyone,

I am travelling and have to stop the service... I am using auto pay serivce and charged for the next month but not using MP services anymore. Please, suggest what to do and how to fix the issue? Is it possible to get refund for the month I did not use service? Thanks in anticipation for your quick reply.

Regards,

Malik

10 REPLIES 10

@stonechucker wrote:

PM does not offer service suspensions for vacation periods.  You should have dealt with this before allowing your latest pre-pay cycle to start.

No refunds should be expected.  

Service is suspended but not the payment cycle. So suspending on day 15 of a 30 day plan does not create any credit.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@tbark wrote:

I would contact the Mods to see if they can hold the funds in the acct until you return from your trip. I know they will not refund but they may do that

To get help with your account, activation, or service?

Please contact the Community Moderator Team to get help with your account.

They are Public Mobile support employees who can help with your issue (More details).

Click here to send them a private message.

In your message please include:

PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

Office Hours: Mon-Fri 9am to 9pm, and Sat-Sun 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time].

Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received

Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, but can be up to 48 hours.

There is no need to send multiple messages.

*I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me*

I would recommend against wasting moderator team's time on this request.  If there are funds in the account, simply using the lost/stolen phone feature will put the account in temporary suspension.  There will be no renewals happening until the account is reactivated by toggling the lost/stolen phone feature.  In the mean time, the paid interval will count down as if the service is running.  This workaround will last only 90 days past the renewal date as all account in actual suspended state will deactivate after 90 days. 

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

PM does not offer service suspensions for vacation periods.  You should have dealt with this before allowing your latest pre-pay cycle to start.

No refunds should be expected.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@malik444 wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I am travelling and have to stop the service... I am using auto pay serivce and charged for the next month but not using MP services anymore. Please, suggest what to do and how to fix the issue? Is it possible to get refund for the month I did not use service? Thanks in anticipation for your quick reply.

Regards,

Malik

No. You have paid for the month. This is a PRE-pay service. There are rarely if ever refunds. As people have already suggested, just turn off the autopay and remove the credit card and the service will suspend. It will stay suspended for 90 days. So that's 4 months from now (if you just recently renewed). If you're back before 90 days then you simply renew at that time and it'll start up again with a new 30-day start date.

Another option is to use the lost/stolen feature. This will start the 90 day suspend clock NOW. I'm not sure what effect that has on money already spent as to whether you lose what you've paid already for the month.

tbark
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I would contact the Mods to see if they can hold the funds in the acct until you return from your trip. I know they will not refund but they may do that

To get help with your account, activation, or service?

Please contact the Community Moderator Team to get help with your account.

They are Public Mobile support employees who can help with your issue (More details).

Click here to send them a private message.

In your message please include:

PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

Office Hours: Mon-Fri 9am to 9pm, and Sat-Sun 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time].

Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received

Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, but can be up to 48 hours.

There is no need to send multiple messages.

*I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me*

KMG
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Public Mobile is a prepaid service.  Once you have paid for a 30-day or 90-day term, you cannot get a refund for unused time.  As mentioned above, disabling autopay will prevent you from being charged when your current term is up.

When your term is up, if autopay is not enabled, your account will be suspended.  Once you return, you can simply make a payment and reactivate.  Note that accounts that are suspended for more than 90 days are automatically closed, and cannot be reactivated.

@malik444 wrote:

what about the refund? Is there any-way to get refund if PM services are not used. 

Are you planning on restarting with Public Mobile? If so your number will be suspended after no payment is received for your plan and it will be cancelled and you will loose your number after 90 days.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

In all honesty probably not.  there are some exceptions but not disabling autopay is not likly one of them

@malik444 wrote:

what about the refund? Is there any-way to get refund if PM services are not used. 

malik444
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@malik444loginto selfserve and disable autopay and remove your cc.

Need Help? Let's chat.