cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Traveling

Maudie
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I’m traveling to the states next week I purchased the @$20 bundle for my phone.  People are telling me my phone won’t work there it’s a Samsung A20

7 REPLIES 7

jrivas24
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

A Samsung A20 will definitely work in the US with the US roaming add-on as long as you have purchased it (check your active add-ons in your self-serve account). Enable Data Roaming on your phone and it will automatically connect to a US network when you cross the border or land in the US. In the event that for some reason your phone does not automatically connect to a US network (unlikely but possible), restart it and it should work. Be mindful that the roaming add-ons are good for 10 days from the date of purchase so depending how long you plan to be in the US  you may or may not have service if your add-on has expired. If that happens, you may wish to purchase a new one. Hope this helps.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Maudie 

The PM Roaming Add-on are connected to you SIM and not your phone but remember to reboot your phone and connect to T-Mobile or AT&T on the Cellular Network.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Maudie  - what are people saying about your Samsung A20 not working? If it works here in Canada, I believe it should work as well i the USA under the Roaming services.

If you see the addon listed in your Plan details section here:

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/plan-and-Add-ons/ChangePlanLandingPage/

or, listed in your payment history transactions then, it may expire before you get a chance to use it.

If you did successfully add it to your account, submit a ticket with CSA and ask them nicely to add those funds back to your available balance, so you can use it to add/purchase the addon when you are in the USA.

Public Mobile Representatives customer support agents (CSA), by either two methods, found here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Did you actually purchased US add-on on just added funds to your account?

Purchasing add-ons is two step process: 1. add funds to your account and then 2. actually purchase correct add-on. Make sure to purchase the add-on as close to trip date as the clock starts immediately upon buying and is limited for 10 days x 24 hour period.

PM US add-on should work if you manage to connect to those 2 US networks AND if they did not cut off 3G in area where you are going to be.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Tell us how your experience with the add on goes for reliability/service, etc. I am leaning towards local alternatives but if it works well for you it may be a nice option to have in a pinch

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Do you still see the $20 in your balance? If so good because the add-on starts when you buy it and that means you didn't fully buy it. If you're in the states and it's not working then buy it with your balance. Then set your phone to connect to T-Mobile.

Adding: the phone will be fine. AT&T has already started shutting down their 3G. T-Mobile in the summer. But people are saying they can still make calls on AT&T. But just set it to T-Mobile and you should be fine.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

It will,  @Maudie 

Just be sure to manually connect to the T-Mobile or AT&T network

Just so you know, the US roaming add-ons expire 10 days following purchase, so it's best to purchase them a day or two before entering the US

Need Help? Let's chat.