cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travel overseas

chantalbel
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I booked a trip to France for 2 weeks.

How can I use my phone plan while I'm there?

11 REPLIES 11

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

On wifi or buy a SIM card at the destination airport. 

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@chantalbel 

PM just offer U.S Roaming.

but you can Download the TextNow App

and use by Wi-Fi and you will getting free canadian number from that app and make Call & SMS. 

@esjliv 

I am usual sleep at this time but couldn’t sleep so replied to a few posts.😉

@chantalbel wrote:

What are my options then? what are you suggesting me to do if I want to text?

@chantalbel - nevermind...very delayed in posting this with a window open for too long... @BKNS27 pretty much posted exactly what I just did. 😁

You could consider a free voip app such as TextNow. Works with wifi which is available everywhere now...you might just have to ask for password at cafe or bar. If you can get a local data plan...TextNow even works with your data plan too.

You get a free Cdn number, you can call/text to most any Cdn or US number for free. People at home will have your TextNow Cdn number if they wanna call you.

@chantalbel 

Use can buy a local SIM or use the WhatsApp (all parties must also have app) using free wifi in France.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

No, you cannot as PM does not provide any service outside of this continent.

You can get free voip app and stay in contact with people in that way or use Viber and similar apps.

@chantalbel I would suggest you buy a local sim/travel sim 

chantalbel
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

What are my options then? what are you suggesting me to do if I want to text?

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

You can't use any Public services out of country except the US. You could get a voip app and forward your calls to it. Don't let the sim in a phone and on and not in airplane mode connect to a US provider tower. You could also leave the sim in a phone and on and use an app to forward texts to the voip app.

Calling and replying would not look like it came from your number.

Sorry, but your Public Mobile service can't be used in France. Roaming is only available in the United States.

Need Help? Let's chat.