Matthew8702
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I will be in Italy for October

Will my Public Mobile data work there?

Do I need an add on?

3 REPLIES 3

superman26
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Matthew8702, you won't be able to use your Public Mobile number while in Italy, nor will get any type of service there (no incoming texts either) since PM has no roaming agreements internationally. Your best bet if your phone has the capability of using an extra eSIM would be to sign up for data only services from reputable providers like Airalo, Nomad, FlexiRoam amongst others. I usually use the website esimdb.com to find out what is the best eSIM to use for a country that I'm visiting or sometimes even a region like EU. If having a local number is important with you, download Fongo here in Canada and  Call Fwd your PM number to that before you jet off. Then you can still make calls (using data) with your Fongo number and accept calls who may call you on your PM number. Anymore explanation how this all might work, feel free to reach out. Happy Jetsetting!

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Matthew8702 

You can use WhatsApp if you and your other party have it app for free calling and texting on wifi.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Matthew8702   No, PM only works in Canada (and the USA with appropriate plan or add on).

Need Help? Let's chat.