cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travel Data Plan

Angelily
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi All, I am considering a long trip to some country in Asia like China. How may I get phone call minutes/data from there?

7 REPLIES 7

Angelily
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks very much!

@dust2dust wrote:

@hycm53- You need a passport to buy a sim?! Jeez and our illustrious freedom fighters complain about things in this country.

You could not imagine, could you? I went to Forbidden city in Beijing in 2016 to brough a ticket to get in, the sales person asked me to show him my passport! But I didn't take passport with me at that time, so I went away.

@hycm53- You need a passport to buy a sim?! Jeez and our illustrious freedom fighters complain about things in this country.

@softech wrote:

@Angelily  sorry, there is no roaming service for PM other than US

For your Asian trip, you need to get local data prepaid sim

Download VoIP app TextNow for voice calls 

I'm not sure can use TextNow in China, it may be banned.

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@Angelily wrote:

Hi All, I am considering a long trip to some country in Asia like China. How may I get phone call minutes/data from there?

Buy a local prepaid sim card. Some store won't sell sim card to foreign visitor with foreign passport.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

With that voip app, you can forward your calls to that number and then when on wifi or cell data elsewhere you can receive them and call out. Calling out would look like the voip number.

Forwarding texts is more work so let us know.

Data from here is not at all possible. You need local service for that.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Angelily  sorry, there is no roaming service for PM other than US

For your Asian trip, you need to get local data prepaid sim

Download VoIP app TextNow for voice calls 

Need Help? Let's chat.