cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring my cellular services

Peter39
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Trying to transfer my services from lucky mobile to public mobile but I made the mistake of removing my esim of lucky mobile from my phone too soon and couldn't recieve their message requesting confirmation of the service change from public mobile... and now I can't recieve messages or calls from anybody. And getting in touch with public mobile is worse than pulling teeth to have this problem resolved!!! Been given the run around for about 5 hrs now cuz nobody can get in touch with public mobile and you can only chat with them online which is also very frustrating and confusing to do in this matter, starting to wish I never started the whole process....

5 REPLIES 5

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Peter39   You should be able to get verbal approval for the port from Lucky (assuming your account is not already closed and you only deleted the esim).   If you can confirm they will do that then there is a number to call for porting to Public Mobile, it's actually the Koodo porting team and the number is in this thread

https://community.koodomobile.com/tips-tricks-troubleshooting-232914/phone-number-transfer-error-781... 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Peter39 

Bad move. Now you will need to contact Lucky to reinstate the Lucky eSIM first before you can proceed. PM can only help once you have your Lucky eSIM in your phone (no missing teeth).

Then complete the porting process and wait for the text from Lucky with YES confirming you are paorting over to PM. There will be a 90 minute window for you to reply or else...more porting issues. Leave the Lucky eSIM in your phone because it will continue to work for about 2 hours until porting is completed.

It is now in your court.

Humble12
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm really sorry to hear about the service transfer.   Have you tried reaching out to Public Mobile through their social media channels? Sometimes that can expedite the process. I hope you’re able to get it sorted out soon, as it’s definitely stressful to be without service. 

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Both account have to be active in order to transfer number to PM.

If you somehow killed Lucky eSIM, talk to them how to proceed as you might have to buy NEW Lucky (e)SIM just in order to receive that confirmation SMS.

EB0
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Peter39 

You need to have an active service and eSIM or SIM from Lucky to do the porting, you need to be able to receive a SMS on your Lucky number to confirm the porting

is it possible to install Lucky eSIM back?

Need Help? Let's chat.