cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring from Koodo Post-Paid to Public Mobile

RudyT
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just finished setting up my Public Mobile with a new number and submitted a ticket for help, is anyone able to help me transfer my number from Koodo over? I need this done before Wednesday... Please and Thank you!

7 REPLIES 7

KBay-light

Hello,

I have the same problem as RudyT. I tried getting customer support through the chat but none of the answers are helpful. Can you please help on how to resolve this?

Thanks!

" That's the weird part........But I'm on Post-Paid, and the solution they gave me was for Koodo Pre-Paid or PC Mobile"

That does seem weird, why PC Mobile, which is Bell?

@RudyT wrote:

That's the weird part for me, when I initially put the phone number in for the transfer, it said "Invalid Canadian Phone Number". But I'm on Post-Paid, and the solution they gave me was for Koodo Pre-Paid or PC Mobile... I checked out the Transfer Number option under Profile and it gave me the same message...

@RudyT , I sent you a private message with the phone number to call to help you with porting your phone number into Public Mobile. Please check your Community mailbox (envelope icon) at the top right of this page to the left of your community avatar on your computer or by clicking on your avatar on your device.

Private Mailbox

@RudyT That's odd. In this case, you will have to wait the CS_Agent to initiate the port in. If you search this community, you might find a direct contact number for port in inquiries that will quicken up the process. 

RudyT

That's the weird part for me, when I initially put the phone number in for the transfer, it said "Invalid Canadian Phone Number". But I'm on Post-Paid, and the solution they gave me was for Koodo Pre-Paid or PC Mobile... I checked out the Transfer Number option under Profile and it gave me the same message...

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@RudyT Note that you will need to reply to the text message from your Koodo sim within 90 mins from initiating the port in request from your Public Mobile self-serve account. 

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/number-transfer-port-troubleshooting

@RudyT wrote:

Just finished setting up my Public Mobile with a new number and submitted a ticket for help, is anyone able to help me transfer my number from Koodo over? I need this done before Wednesday... Please and 

Members who answer you here are customers and cannot access your account.  As long as your acocunnt was opened properly and your Public Mobiel services are working, a ticket didn't need to be opened.  Nubmer porting can be performed form within your Self Serve account. Ensure that you have your Koodo account number available.

Need Help? Let's chat.