cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferred number off SIM - can I Reuse

TMVisser21
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So I was a public mobile customer, but then got a job where I could get a free phone plan and phone upgrade and such, so we transferred (ported) my number from Public Mobile over to Roger's. Now I'm in need of a plan for my teenagers phone, and thought hey I have that old SIM (the transfer was 3 months ago) I could just activate the SIM and we're golden!! But it says that the number is not valid... any way I can fix this and use this SIM again, get a new number and new plan and live happily ever after?? 🙂

Thanks! 

Theresa

4 REPLIES 4

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@TMVisser21In addition to the previous good options to acquire a cheap or free SIM, also check out Canadian Cell Supplies - you can acquire an essentially free SIM + free shipping, and a further bit of discount for the first 2 months of service when activating with them... Some fine print to read through, but they mail through regular Canada Post lettermail, so can take 5-10 days usually.

https://canadiancellsupplies.com/collections/latest-products/products/free-sim-card-with-saving-plan...

You can still specify a referral code for a further $10 credit on your account as well.

barrascuk
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@TMVisser21 don't forget to use a referral code for $10 off. You can find free and 99 cent SIM cards online as well. And live happily there after!!

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@TMVisser21 Once SIM was used once, it can't be reused.

you need to activate with a brand new SIM.    You can check local kiosks like Warlmart/Loblaws/London Drug.  If you activate with them , they might give you the SIM for free.

@TMVisser21 wrote:

So I was a public mobile customer, but then got a job where I could get a free phone plan and phone upgrade and such, so we transferred (ported) my number from Public Mobile over to Roger's. Now I'm in need of a plan for my teenagers phone, and thought hey I have that old SIM (the transfer was 3 months ago) I could just activate the SIM and we're golden!! But it says that the number is not valid... any way I can fix this and use this SIM again, get a new number and new plan and live happily ever after?? 🙂

Sorry, but SIM cards cannot be re-used. You'll need to buy a new one.

Need Help? Let's chat.