cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfering my number, "please enter a valid canadian phone number"

fefeforme
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Trying to register and transfer my number from telus. It is says "please enter a valid canadian phone number". Area code is "778 260". Any Ideas?

Felix

6 REPLIES 6

fefeforme

It never got past the box where I put in my old phone number, just gave me the error and that was it. Trying to register a new number to contact support but payment is giving me grief too

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @fefeforme   you entered the phone number, you picked Telus, did you enter the account number for your Telus account there?

If it still fails, you can try to pick  a temporary phone number first, then open ticket with PM CS agent to request them assist with the porting. 

fefeforme

It is not a koodo account

@fefeforme wrote:

Trying to register and transfer my number from telus. It is says "please enter a valid canadian phone number". Area code is "778 260". Any Ideas?

I can see that this is a phone number from Sandspit, British Columbia and that it was originally assigned to Telus Mobility (and sub brands). By any chance, are you trying to transfer your number from a Koodo Mobile prepaid account?  If you are, first open your Public Mobile account by taking a new phone number. After all that, you will need to ask a Public Mobile customer support agent for help.  Start that by going here:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

It is from Telus, well that is strange @fefeforme .

If you didn't get past the payment section yet, then back out of the activation pages, and open a new tab in incognito mode to try the activation again.

If you continue to have issues you could try to click this link to use the: Public Mobile Online Activation Assistance

edit, is your Telus number/account currently in Active status? I wonder if that message would occur if it is not.

I suppose you could activate with a new temporary number, then submit a ticket with Customer Support if you are still unable to port through your My Account.

Need Help? Let's chat.