Transfer

LoveYou
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

not works anything, is issue transfers 

27 REPLIES 27

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@LoveYou 

Whew! I'm happy to hear it all works for you. Your phone will connect to the 4G LTE network but when you make a call or a call comes in your phone automatically switches to the 3G network because voice calls use the 3G network. So going down to 1 bar means your 3G signal is weaker. It probably connects to a different cell tower farther away from your location. In other areas you may notice it goes to 2 bars or doesn't change at all because you are closer to a cell tower with the 3G network so your signal/connection is better. You can also toggle airplane mode on/off if your connection is poor and it may give you a better connection if you have voice call quality issues or delayed texts. Texting and data will work on both the 3G and 4G LTE networks.

Welcome to Public Mobile!

@LoveYou wrote:

😋👙 😆 signal bars
not strong signal is up when make call going to 1 signal

@LoveYou  - sounds like you are advancing here. When incoming calls start coming to the public mobile sim card that is a good sign the port is complete. The Rogers account should be cancelled automatically..no need to cancel it with them.

Once you restart your phone with the public mobile sim card inside, try a Reset of your device's Network Settings.

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you've used before.

Iphone:

To Reset Network Settings, begin by opening the Settings app. Next, tap General -> Transfer or Reset iPhone -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings. and enter your passcode.

Your iPhone will reset network settings and restart itself.

android:

Find and tap Settings > System > Advanced > Reset options > Reset network settings.

@LoveYou wrote:

😋👙 😆 signal bars

1 bar is enough but that's probably one bar on LTE. Is signal better setting phone to 3g?

LoveYou

😋👙 😆 signal bars

@LoveYou wrote:

put public mobile sim i see bras 

bars  🙂

so, it is working now?  And incoming calls work?

if both incoming and outgoing calls work, you are all set

@LoveYou 

rebooting device for now and after 24 hr 

check all woking Text & Calls & Data.

magic jackpact

LoveYou

they yes is it magic

LoveYou

so how is works 

LoveYou

i connect

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@LoveYou 

Check your settings. >>Mobile networks>>Public Mobile....can you connect?

LoveYou

put public mobile sim i see signal bars

@LoveYou   yes, it is a sim provisioning issue.  Open ticket with PM Support as advised on my post above.  It is an easy fix for them, except it is late now, likely it will be in the morning for them to resolve it

LoveYou

2 yes 

LoveYou

i did it put yes before 39m ago and agian 20m ago 

rogers not working

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@LoveYou 

If its been more than 90 minutes since you recieved it its too late anyways. You don't want the port to complete tonight or you will have no service at all. You have 2 separate issues.

1. You didn't reply YES to the PAT (porting authorization text) within 90 minutes so your port failed. Normally a bad thing but good because if it did complete it would have ported to your sim card which isn't working.
  2. Your pm sim card didn't provision to your account. So you have no service on it. Only customer support can fix it.

LoveYou

rogers not working

LoveYou

i did it put yes

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@LoveYou 

Dont reply to the text...this is lucky for you. Keep the the Rogers sim card in your phone so you have service. Once customer support fixes your pm sim card you can start the port over again.

LoveYou

after put yes and what

LoveYou

oh i have to put back rogers sim

LoveYou

my rogers still active, which SMS not see it

LoveYou

not showing error

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@LoveYou 

Did you reply YES to the porting authorization text? If no then in this case that is good. Put your Rogers sin card back in your phone and it should still work. Use it for service until morning when you will be able to message with customer support. They will provision your pm sim card to your account. Once that is working they will reinitiate your port request. Contact customer support now and wait for a message in the morning after 6am eastern.

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

@LoveYou 

ensure that you have received a validation SMS text from your previous service provider, and that you have followed the instructions in the message within 90 minutes to approve the number transfer.
Your old SIM card must be inside your device and your account with your previous provider must still be active so you can receive and respond to the SMS and authorize the request. Please do not replace your old SIM card with your Public SIM until you have responded to this message SMS reply YES
To given the approval to transfer your old number to new provider.

LoveYou

transfer from rogers,

no service

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@LoveYou   you just activated and requested phone number transfer?

First try to reseat your sim card (power off  the phone, take the sim card out for a minute before putting it back and power up the phone)

If it still does not work, check if there is any error showing on top of the phone status bars

If you see it connected to PM network with signal bars, then try to make outgoing call and see if it works

If you do not see it not connecting to PM network , or with error like "Sim not provisioned", "No Sim card", "no network", it could be a provisioning issue.  You will likely need to open ticket with PM Support and have them to confirm the sim card provisioning was done properly

1. If you have access to My account: At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@LoveYou 

Did you just activate and port your number in? Do you have any service on the pm sim card? Text? Calls? Data? In/out?

Need Help? Let's chat.