cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer plan from Fido

Iffkam
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have transferred from Fido more than a week ago, but Fido account is showing active. How Fido account is active when I am in Public mobile with phone number xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

edited by computergeek541: phone number removed

6 REPLIES 6

azeemhaq
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Since you ported out to PM from Fido, but originally you started jounrey from Fido, thats why they are maintaining your original record and will be sending you $0 due every month probably. It is as simple as you change your permanent location to another new location, and your details old location will stay there untill & unless you formally ask them to modify or remove.

So, you should get intouch to Fido and request for modification/updation or removal of such regualry monthly billing or other documentation etc.

Thanks

@Iffkam and everyone else:

Please do not post phone numbers or leave them in quotes. Thanks.

@geopublic This is what happened to me when I ported into PM. Every month I got an email from my last provider saying my bill was ready, always for $0. Being too lazy to really do anything as it wasn't costing me any money I let it go for about 9 months before I finally contacted them and they closed it out for me.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Iffkam wrote:

I have transferred from Fido more than a week ago, but Fido account is showing active. How Fido account is active when I am in Public mobile with phone number xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

My guess is that some postpaid providers just remove the number that was ported out from the account and they do not delete the account. That way if you decide to go back they have a record that you were an existing client.

shep22
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Iffkam 

@Iffkam wrote:

I have transferred from Fido more than a week ago, but Fido account is showing active. How Fido account is active when I am in Public mobile with phone number xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

@Iffkam hi if you ported your number from fido and everything is working here I would contact fido to ask why, it should close automatically 

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Iffkam please use the 3 dots on the top right of your post to remove your personal information from the post.  Did you choose a new number or transfer/ port your Fido number? Thanks.  If you choose a new one. Then you have to call Fido and close that account.

If you ported from Fido and its not a home phone number which can take up to 7 days. And in extreme cases 2 weeks. Then your port failed. Resend the information. Contact the moderators and ask them to port your number. Type " Port Request " and follow the prompts to get to one. Give them the name on the account,  the number to port and the Fido account number.  

There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Once connected to Simon, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
- Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent.

- Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  When it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue. Stay safe. 

Welcome to PM. 

Need Help? Let's chat.