cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer nee phone to my account

Dlp6336
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How do I tramsfer new phone to existing account. Old phone has sim i want esim for new phone

4 REPLIES 4

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Dlp6336 

I appreciate you want to get an eSIM, but from personal experience and from what I've seen here with the number of complaints, I would just keep the SIM card and turn off the new phone, install the SIM card and reboot the phone. Honestly, $10 and the heads that come with it if it's not installed correctly are not worth it.

fixin
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Dlp6336 - I would highly go against eSIM, because it only sticks to 1 device once, if you delete it, you have to buy another one, if you get a new phone, you have to get a new one.

You go to My Account > Subscription & Add-Ons, scroll all the way down till you see 'Shop SIM card' you can pick eSIM or a physical SIM.

Usually all major phone companies still have at least 1 physical SIM slot.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Dlp6336 

You will need to purchase a new eSIM on your new phone for $5 but it is free if you just pop the old SIM out and install it in the new phone. The call is yours.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Dlp6336 

you sure you want esim?
Yes,  while eSIM is "cool", there are disadvantages as well.  For eSIM, if you have a new phone, or if you ever wipe your phone, you will have to re-buy a new eSIM again.   There is no such problem with Physical sim card.

To buy new eSIM for your new phone, First, download the app on your new phone, click   or    at the bottom left to bring up the menu and go to Subscription & Add-on page, scroll down to the bottom and click Shop SIM Card Now.  You can buy and install eSIM from there

Need Help? Let's chat.