cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer my phone # from MagicJack - Can't Receive Call

Maverick_FA
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, 

I just transfer my phone # from MagicJack and when I was testing the # I notice that I can make a phone call BUT I can't receive a phone call.

The error message is: ''The # you have reach isn't in service''

Please let me know if you have an idea how I can fix this.

Thank you for your time.

5 REPLIES 5

LouisAI
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I am having the same issue. How did you get this resolved? Thanks.

@Maverick_FA wrote:

I called Telus Port Team as suggested by kb_mv and they told me that there is a 48 hours delay for activate the phone # from MagicJack because it's considered like a residential phone #.

Please note that I can send and receive text msgs without any problems by the meantimes.

Thank you for your help!

It was really quick!

@Maverick_FA Glad it worked out. Welcome to PM.

softech
Oracle
Oracle
For numbers porting from magicJack, transfers typically take 3-5 business days..

It usually take longer to port from non-mobile carriers..

Maverick_FA
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I called Telus Port Team as suggested by kb_mv and they told me that there is a 48 hours delay for activate the phone # from MagicJack because it's considered like a residential phone #.

Please note that I can send and receive text msgs without any problems by the meantimes.

Thank you for your help!

It was really quick!

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@Maverick_FA wrote:

Hello, 

I just transfer my phone # from MagicJack and when I was testing the # I notice that I can make a phone call BUT I can't receive a phone call.

The error message is: ''The # you have reach isn't in service''

Please let me know if you have an idea how I can fix this.

Thank you for your time.

@Maverick_FA Sounds like something went wrong during the port. Call the Telus Port team for assistance.

Need Help? Let's chat.