cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer my PM number to another carrier (Phonebox)

jessicazhiyu
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am going to transfer my Public Mobile number (xxxxxxxxxxxxx) to another carrier (Phonebox), could you please let me know Public Mobile’s account number for porting out? Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8

@jessicazhiyu wrote:

How can I inform PM that I gonna transfer to another carrier?

@jessicazhiyu    There's no need to notify PM as porting out your number will automatically close the PM account, so make sure to ask customer support via chatbot or private message to remove any payment card or disable pre-authorized payments in the account since you will lose access to the account as soon as your number is transferred to another carrier.

Here's a link to chatbot if needed:  https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/get-help

edit:  nvd, looks like I didn't refresh my browser before posting..

@jessicazhiyu wrote:

You wouldn't inform Public Mobile about that. The new carrier does that for you.  You will want to disable pre-authroized payments (if it is enabled) on your Public Mobile account.

@jessicazhiyu 

All the information you need is in your account. Just login into your account and go Profile then give this information to your new carrier but keep the PM SIM in your phone and wait for the text confirming with YES you are porting out.

jessicazhiyu

@jessicazhiyu wrote:

Phonebox needs Public Mobile’s account number,not my account number .

It's not one account number specific to all customers of Public Mobile. It's the account number assigned to your Public Mobile account that is needed.  The required informaiton is in the location that you've been directed to.

jessicazhiyu

Phonebox needs Public Mobile’s account number,not my account number .

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@jessicazhiyu , you will find the account number information in your online account under profile tab.  

@jessicazhiyu wrote:

I am going to transfer my Public Mobile number (xxxxxxxxxxxxx) to another carrier (Phonebox), could you please let me know Public Mobile’s account number for porting out? Thanks!

Please log into your Public Mobile Self Serve account. Your account number is listed in the Profile area.

Need Help? Let's chat.