cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer is not completed yet

aliaksar2000
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I just activated my friend’s SIM card for Public Mobile. She was with Koodo. We activated it at 7:17 pm. It’s now 9:46 pm, she still doesn’t have the line. I thought transfer would take up to 2 hours. Could someone help please?

55 REPLIES 55

aliaksar2000

Thank you. Yes my gf has access and use it actively. But her friend that I just switched to pm cannot do that. Not even something much simpler. That’s why I noted down all her passwords, pins, secret answer , MEI whatever you can think of about her PM subscription. Actually I set it up by consulting her. She wouldn’t even remember her password tomorrow. So I will be helping her whenever she needs help. (Silly of me I took such a responsibility, eh? But she is very close of my gf, so no choice if I don’t want to sleep on sofa lol) 

@aliaksar2000 

Glad it works in the end

one piece of advise, make sure your gf or you have access to Self Serve My Account.    Autopay is good, but it fails sometimes.  Since PM is prepaid, no payment means stop service.  So, if you absolutely  need uninterrupted service , you can put in the fund ahead of renewal.   

aliaksar2000

Finally it is fixed. Gosh, what a stress. Never again. I will continue to recommend PM but will never get involved in activation or something since as a very loyal customer I am greatly irritated with the issue. Took my whole weekend.

@softech @dust2dust Thank you very much for your amazing patience and help!!

@aliaksar2000   you are just at the last stage, once PM message you that the SIM is reprovisioned, you just need to ask your gf to reboot the phone and that is all

Again, you don't wat the hassle to move back Koodo or another provider.  

aliaksar2000

I am very disappointed. I have been praising PM for days to her and now I look like a liar before her service even starts. She is my gf bestie, she starts to get grumpy, the CS keeps telling me the time frame for resolution is 24-48 hours, we can’t leave before fixing it, I have to work tomorrow, she keeps telling me she wants her old line back. There is no description what damages this thing causes. For them it is a ticket to fix in 48 hours but for me this is much more than it and absolutely doesn’t worth to save couple of bucks a month. I am about to lose it. 

aliaksar2000

We had to leave 2 hours ago but couldn’t leave and worst part is we don’t have even an understanding how long more this might take; 1 hour, 6 hours. I keep explaining the urgency and complexity of the situation but I am being told they don’t have a system to put an issue in rush and there isn’t even a number I can call. I am starting to question my own subscription to PM in this point. I regretted this big time and will for sure have to mention next friends of mine interested at the very least. I have been always so happy and proud with PM and hoping they resolve this very very soon because my friend started to seriously ask me to switch her back to Koodo. 

haha , you did take some responsibility for the sms part with the old provider LoL

With the sim provisioning, it could happen to any provider, it is just luck, or lack of it in this case

aliaksar2000

I am not sure if I will ever again take this responsibility 🤣 . I guess I am done with trying to convince my friends to switch to PM, unless they do switch all by themselves. As said, this issue put me in such a bad place, I can’t even describe lol

@aliaksar2000  don't get discouraged.  Once the sim is reprovisioned, that is the end of the tough ride.  Usually the service will be good from that point

You don't want to go through another porting or new activation.  All these you experiencing you could experience again if you move provider.    It's not just a PM problem.  🙂

aliaksar2000

No change or update so far. I don’t how long more we can wait. We will have to leave in one point 😞

@aliaksar2000 no worry,.  Just want to make sure your friend's line will be up and running soon.  

since PM is aware of it, it will be an easy fix for them.

Come back and give us good news

aliaksar2000

My mistake. As you see it’s mentioned only here and very small part in a long text and I was distracted with 30% discount lol.

aliaksar2000

Only text we got from PM is this and it doesn’t mention anything to respond Yes . (Somehow it doesn’t allow me to attach the picture). As I said, I am 99% sure, we were never provided with this information.

aliaksar2000

Don’t know why, it doesn’t attach the picture 

aliaksar2000

Here 

aliaksar2000

And only text we received from PM was this and it doesn’t mention a need for confirmation. Please see the attached picture.

As I said, I am 99.99% sure, we were never provided with this detail.

aliaksar2000

My last switch was older than 2 years I guess.

as I said, never received an email. Checking again, no welcome email, including spam mail.

@aliaksar2000 wrote:

This is the thread open back then.

No sms was mentioned. Same if you look up “how to switch to PM”. And I was very through and opened a few other threads to check some other points way before the switch:)

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Best-Order-of-Steps-When-Swtiching-to-Pub...

@aliaksar2000   on your own thread, @darlicious also warned you about the 90 mins text

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Best-Order-of-Steps-When-Swtiching-to-Pub...

When you do port out either at activation or after once your sim card and account are set up and services all working and you can port in yourself thru your self serve account be sure to leave your old sim card in your phone to reply YES to the PAT (porting authorization text) within 90 minutes of recieving it. 

@aliaksar2000 wrote:

No sms was mentioned. Same if you look up “how to switch to PM”. And I was very through and opened a few other threads to check some other points way before the switch:)

@aliaksar2000 

The sms part is a CRTC requirement since at least 2 years ago

The welcome email would have talked about that

E-PortingEmail.jpg

The Help articles also mentions that:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/choose-your-phone-number

• For additional security, your previous service provider may send a text or email to validate the transfer request. Follow the instructions in the message within 90 minutes to approve the number transfer.
    • Your old SIM card must be inside your device and your account with your previous provider must still be active so you can receive and respond to the SMS and authorize the request. Please do not replace your old SIM card with your Public SIM until you have responded to this message.
    • Be sure to check all texts and emails that could go to any other members on the old account, as well as any junk or spam folders.

aliaksar2000

aliaksar2000

Meanwhile their response 

FB068C5B-F866-4C6F-B0B9-51197C214CCF.jpeg

aliaksar2000

I don’t remember such texts. Is this something new? But also a month before I asked in forum the steps to do when switching to PM, nobody mentioned such text.

I also read once again both that thread and articles here about the steps when switching, again no text was mentioned.

We have never received (and still haven’t) any email about instructions. And typing and reading so much even in this thread alone, you would guess it isn’t possible to miss such information so many times during process. Because simply it was never there. I am still mad at myself, still my fault but knowing everything is well documented and explained in PM I am shocked how this information is not effectively provided.

@aliaksar2000  it's good you started talking to CS

Porting is usually smooth.  You helped 2 person and you should know about keeping the old sim to reply YES.  That part is critical.  I remember seeing the instructions about that when I ported my number.  Many people missed that and hence the extra headache

the sim provisioning part happens sometimes.  But again, it is an easy and quick fix on the PM side

aliaksar2000

Oh boy. This is taking so much time and stress that the first time ever I am starting getting really regret involving in this. That’s my third time to switch someone to PM, the previous ones were so smooth but this one is getting ridiculously complicated.

I tried to convince her to switch but now because of me she has no line in a small town with no other line (and she lives alone). 

aliaksar2000

We started to talk with CS.

Meanwhile I keep calling her number regularly and it says this number is not in service.

I am starting to get nervous. Because if we leave before we resolve this, she will fall in a limbo situation and she can’t do simplest things we ask her to do and I can’t do lots of things without I have her phone physically.

@aliaksar2000   try the PM sim card in your own phone and see if you get the same error (want to confirm if it is a phone issue or account)

And with you opened ticket already, monitor the Community inbox for Support's reply

aliaksar2000

I texted to CS agent. Problem is I live an hour away, we came just for this and don’t have too much time left. Good thing we came for an overnight stay.

@dust2dust   I have a feeling it was postpost.  Isn't that if a prepaid phone number/account was entered in the regular porting request, it either will error out immediately or they will get an email later about unable to port?  At least pretty sure they won't get the text , but OP got it already

Yes, now the issue is that the sim is not even provisioned  (not registered to the network), I guess it's is way pass our level to help.. We tried.

I was a little concerned about some of your wording last night when you called the number.

But now neither is working!

We still don't know if it was prepaid.

@aliaksar2000 

Dd you the the SIM card in another phone?  Same message?

This could be a provisioning issue, but it is an easy fix

Open ticket with PM support, also have them to confirm the porting as well:

1. If you have access to My account: At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

Need Help? Let's chat.