cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tranfering my phone number from Koodo

asrou2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The system won't allow me to submit a ticket to ask the question and the articles are confusing. 

I want to activate my SIM card and transfer my phone number. I am with Koodoo. I am told 

I can't and referred to an article that only tells me that:

• If you are transferring from a Koodo prepaid plan you will need to select a new number at activation, create a Community account, and then send a private message to our Moderator Team here to complete the transfer to Public Mobile.

Since I do *not* have a prepaid plan, I am unsure why this article is supposed to help me understand the procedure. I am also unsure now whether or not I really *can't* transfer my phone number from Koodo. 

The article also does not explain *how* to ask to transfer your phone number later if it is not during the activation or if there will be an additional delay in that process. I do not want to activate a new account without the confirmation that I will be able to transfer my phone number and that this will be done in a timely manner. 

5 REPLIES 5

@mh1983 wrote:

You can transfer a postpaid Koodo number to PM. Just make sure to keep the Koodo account active. Sign up for PM and get a PM number so the account is provisioned; then in the Self Serve portal, you can initiate the port from the PM side.

@mh1983 I thought Koodo postpaid could be ported in on activation? Once you have an active account and PM number there is no provision in the self serve to port in a new number. Moderator assistance is required.

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You can transfer a postpaid Koodo number to PM. Just make sure to keep the Koodo account active. Sign up for PM and get a PM number so the account is provisioned; then in the Self Serve portal, you can initiate the port from the PM side.

@asrou2

Since it won't let you submit a ticket, you can send a private message to Moderator_Team. Click this:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@asrou2 the article explains it right here

i suggest transfering your number at activation

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Hi

You will be able to transfer the number from Koodo any time, during the activation or after if it's postpaid. Since it is inhouse transfer it doesn't even have to be active, so you don't have to worry about rushing.

I usually suggest getting temporary number and testing the service before, but since you were with Koodo everything should be working right so it's really up to you when you would like to transfer.

Make sure you remove your cc info and update your address on file with Koodo as once account is closed you won't be able to and if they owe you any money they will send it to the address on file.

Welcome to Publicmobile

Need Help? Let's chat.