cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking number

Kold
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So I ordered a phone and was given a tracking number, and I was told it was being shipped by Canada Post.

When i enter the tracking number I'm told it's been delivered, about 400 km away!

What's up with that? I just put a ticket in, so haven't heard back on that yet but is this a common experience?

The tracking number given is only 6 digits and I know Canada post ones are longer than that, 13 or 16 usually.

9 REPLIES 9

Kold

@computergeek541 

It's all good, confusion on my part regarding tracking number and order number. Everything is as it should be, thanks for the help.

@Kold wrote:

So I ordered a phone and was given a tracking number, and I was told it was being shipped by Canada Post.

When i enter the tracking number I'm told it's been delivered, about 400 km away!

What's up with that? I just put a ticket in, so haven't heard back on that yet but is this a common experience?

The tracking number given is only 6 digits and I know Canada post ones are longer than that, 13 or 16 usually.

Public Mobile does not always use Canada Post, despite what Public Mobile's online shopping siite says.  I strongly suspect that your phone may very well be deliverd by UPS or Dynamex/T-Force Final Mile.

The 6-digit number that Public Mobile has provided isn't a tracking number. It's a Public Mobile order number.  Unfortunately, any company could use a 6-digit number as a reference.  I could create a shipment with your order number as a reference number, but that doesn't mean that it's for your phone order. When a destination for delivery doesn't make any sense, more likely than not, the details being provided by Canada Post aren't for your shipment, but rather for a package delivered to someone else that was sent by a different company.

Unless you know fore sure that Public Mobile sent you a package using Canada Post, which, as I said, they don't always use that company, and also unless you know for sure that Public Mobile used your order number as a reference number and know for sure of any Canada Post trakcking number that Public Mobile may have used, contacting Canada Post would be premature and would not yield any results. You need to talk to Public Mobile's customer support agents if you want a status update or a tracking number.  Often, shiipments from Public Mobile arrive unexpectedly (sometimes delivered by different shipping carriers), and sometimes without an e-mail notification about shipping sent to the customer. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Kold wrote:

I'll wait til I hear back from my ticket, like I said I'm not convinced that's an actual Canada post tracking number. My question is whether anyone else has had a similar experience with tracking numbers. I ordered another phone a few months back and it came by UPS, but the tracking numbers seem a little to short.

@Kold 

You are likely using your Order Number that you received from Public Mobile in the Canada Post Tracking area: https://www.canadapost-postescanada.ca/track-reperage/en#/home

This is still a valid way to track your package if Public Mobile sent it with tracking connected to it.

I think your 'beef' is with both Canada Post and Public Mobile.

If the Canada Post shipment was delivered elsewhere, yet they had the proper shipping address on file, Public Mobile should be sending you a replacement shipment.

Good luck

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kold 

you have to Reply agian to them maybe the don't see it and they used both Canada post

and UPS,

Kold

I'll wait til I hear back from my ticket, like I said I'm not convinced that's an actual Canada post tracking number. My question is whether anyone else has had a similar experience with tracking numbers. I ordered another phone a few months back and it came by UPS, but the tracking numbers seem a little to short.

@Kold 

Oh boy! You need to call CP asap and report that you did not recieve the package and it's been delivered to the wrong address and have them start an investigation. This will be important for you seeking redress from pm.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kold 

Reply back to that message, the will have to fix it to you. no one can help you here just them.

Kold

already done

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kold 

Explain your issue to Contact Customer Support Agent by  ,
they can solve your issue, they are nice service Team the will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, and Submit a Ticket 

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,Click Here to get started.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number, 
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • your Email address,
  • your order number,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
     Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck

Need Help? Let's chat.