cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: plan suspended

miltonkrest
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I need help! All I get are robots and no one is helping me. I can't active my phone because Public says my email isnt' valid.. yet I get emails from them! They have no customer support! Very displeased customer who will not be using this service AGAIN if I am not helped!!! 

60 REPLIES 60

bbhattac

You can definitely send messages to and get response from a human if need be. Please scroll down on the page https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/ask-a-question-on-the-community to get yourself familiarized with the process.

Hope that helps.

@miltonkrest wrote:

I haven't had an account since around march. 

You are Not PM customer anymore 😞

Your account has been deactivated, phone number (most likely) reassigned.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@miltonkrest wrote:

I need help! All I get are robots and no one is helping me. I can't active my phone because Public says my email isnt' valid.. yet I get emails from them! They have no customer support! Very displeased customer who will not be using this service AGAIN if I am not helped!!! 

Hi there @miltonkrest ,

I read some of your posts, and sorry this has been so frustrating.

Have you ever been able to access your Self Serve account? If you have not created one, try registering for one here: https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

Your account is automatically closed after 90 days of non-payment status.

What does it say when you call 611?

If after 90 days suspended you cannot log into your Self serve account anyhow since it is closed and gone.

If within 90 days, and issues persist with your Self Serve wait for an answer from the Customer Support Agents on your ticket you submitted.

Good luck!

@will13am wrote:

@miltonkrest wrote:

If your account has not been active since March, that account would have been deactivated by now.  Suspended accounts are deactivated after 90 days.  There is not way in getting that account back.  You are going to need to activate a new account.  

@miltonkrest to add to @will13am 's post, that means you will need to obtain a new SIM card and reactivate it with another phone number.

If over 90 days suspended, your phone number, Self Serve account, any rewards/available funds are lost.

@Savebig2 

As per your request....

Here is some more tips on data usage that can help you conserve data usage and/or find where high data usage is coming from.....

1. Turn your data saver on.*
  2. Set your data tracker to the correct calendar dates of your 30 day cycle.
  3. Set your data warning. ( I set mine to 25% of plan data**.)
  4. Set your data limiter. (I set mine to 50%.**)
  5. Turn off all background data in your app usage settings.***
  6. Set video content to play on wifi only ( or off altogether) in each individual app's settings.
  7. Turn off wifi assist for iPhone or the Android equivalent.
  8. For low data plans turn off mobile data and turn on when needed or to download MMS.
  9. Use free wifi when available.
  10. Double check that your phone is connected to wifi. Your phone can sometimes not automatically reconnect to wifi after rebooting, resetting or leaving/entering a wifi area.

*Android and iPhone's data saver tools work differently it is prudent to check settings in each phone's apps for such things as your photo app for device syncing, backing up etc.... Note: viewing or searching for backed up/stored photos can use considerable mobile data.

**Public Mobile sends out a text from 611 giving a warning at 75% and 95% of total data usage. If you have data add ons these warnings include both plan data and add on data.

**So if you just have 1gb of plan data you will get a warning at 756mb/1024mb and 973mb/1024mb. However if you have 1gb of plan data and a 5gb data add on (1024mb+5120mb=6144mb) these warnings will recieved at 4608mb/6144mb and 5837mb/6144mb respectively.

**This is why setting your data warning and limiter is important so that an errant app's sudden usage can be noticed and/or stopped by your phone's data usage tools rather than relying on pm's limited warnings system.

***Background data can use up to 38% of your data that is pure wastage.

Get in the habit of taking screenshots of your overview page and payment history before and after renewal for record keeping and checking that your data and/or limited minute/text counter resets

@miltonkrest 

Have you contacted customer support? Perhaps you would like to send a private message if Simple--Simon is too much for you?

Spoiler

Send a private message...   Contact the CSA's (formerly moderators) by sending a private message and leave a detailed message explaining your issue and the info to verify your account by including the following information:  

1. Full name and address on pm account. ( Or province and postal code for newer accounts.)
  2. Email, phone # and pin #.

If  you cannot remember your pin # include at least three ( if they apply)of the following:

1.  Date of birth (n/a on newer accounts.)
  2. Last payment, date, amount, type and last 4 digits.
  3. Alternate phone number if any.
  4. Security question and answer.
  5. Plan amount, any add ons or promos on account.
  6. Last 4 digits of sim card.
  7. Any rewards in your account.
  8. Autopay y/n?
  9. Account #.
  10. Frequently called/texted phone numbers in the last 30 days.  

The average wait time is 2 to 4 hours but be prepared to wait up to 48 hours for non urgent requests. Current wait times are about one hour and are probably even less as I have had some very quick responses in tne past week.

Keep an eye on your private message box the envelope icon next to your avatar for a little number to pop indicating a message from the CSA's (formerly moderators.) Responding promptly will speed up service times.

Do not post any of this info in the community only in your private messages when communicating or contacting the Moderator_Team.

To send a private message to the CSA's (formerly moderators) click below
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@miltonkrest wrote:

Customer service does not care about us. I am sitting here on a **bleep** forum instead of talking to someone from the company. Zero care for us. Cannot get into my account or register a new one. Tried 3 browers. quadruple checked my email. Everything correct. They are having an issue. I need help but I am all alone. I have a really bad impression of this company. 

@miltonkrest, you will need to use a different email to activate a new account.  Customer service does care they are working with other customers just like if you had called the customer service line with other providers and put on hold.  The only difference is here that you have many people offer you solutions to your problem where you would just hear the elevator music while on hold with other providers.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@miltonkrest wrote:

No, this is just a burner phone for me. I use it when I need it. I have a main line on another service that I keep active, year round. 

As you stated in your other threads that you haven't used this account since March it will be suspended you and will need a new SIM to activate and a new email/different email to use for this account activation.

The email you are trying to log in with will be attached to the account that has been closed as it was in suspension for over 90 days.  This info  has already been provided here Re: I CANNOT ACCESS MY ACCOUNT AND NO ONE IS HELPI... - Community (publicmobile.ca)

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BKNS27 

nice offer... but he/she the have SIM card and the are customer since march,, i don't know she/he the posting a lot and the don't know what the do, non patience,  feeling so sad about it i like to help but i don't know...

@Anonymous 
My reason posted on @miltonkrest other posts.

LD offering free PM SIM and hassle free activation.

@miltonkrest 

As per @BKNS27 's suggestion you can get a free sim card currently at London Drugs with an in store activation which also currently qualifies for a 5gb bonus data add on for $25+ plans. Add a referral code for an additional $10 bonus credit. Send a private message to any member if you need one they will be happy to oblige.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BKNS27 wrote:

@miltonkrest 

LONDON DRUGS

@BKNS27 

sorry why you say LONDON DRUGS !! what the do there ?

@miltonkrest 

LONDON DRUGS

@miltonkrest 

As I stated on your other post. You should gone to London Drugs and got your free PM SIM and have their staff activate it hassle free.

You can complain to them in a human person (not a Martian 👽) if anything goes wrong.

@miltonkrest 

If you haven't made a payment on your account for more than 90 days it's automatically cancelled and deactivated. We're you signed up for autopay?

@Anonymous Nice detective work!

@miltonkrest 

I think you should have got a free PM SIM and hassle-free activation from London Drugs.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@miltonkrest 

so you line is before is Activated right,

you don't try to Reactivate A Suspended Plan,

if Missed a payment? After your plan expires, all you need to do is top-up your balance to keep the current plan going. You have up to 90 days to make a payment and, after doing so, your payment cycle will restart and your service will resume.After 90 days of non-payment, your account will be permanently deactivated, which means you will:

• Lose access to your phone number, and won’t be able to transfer it to a new provider in the future.
  • Need a new Public Mobile SIM card if you decide to activate a new Public Mobile account.

visit Here , for more info.

miltonkrest

No, this is just a burner phone for me. I use it when I need it. I have a main line on another service that I keep active, year round. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@miltonkrest 

i see another your post it you say >> I haven't had an account since around march. 

so for march until you never used you line ?

miltonkrest

It says no service on my phone.. normal since I don't have minutes? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@miltonkrest 

can you try to Pay For Your Services Through *611

by voucher,

visit Here for more info

miltonkrest

I cannot access my account. I guess it is suspended. Please help me!!!! How do I unsuspend my account? 

@miltonkrest wrote:

If your account has not been active since March, that account would have been deactivated by now.  Suspended accounts are deactivated after 90 days.  There is not way in getting that account back.  You are going to need to activate a new account.  

miltonkrest

@miltonkrest 

You mentioned your account is suspended? Are you a new customer or have you been with PM for a while? If a current customer when did you make your last renewal?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@miltonkrest 

you never try anything just too many post for nothing,

please all people in community site the are customer like you, but we are here to try to help other from what we have information,

miltonkrest

NO ONE IS HELPING ME GET INTO MY ACCOUNT. WHEN I TRY TO RESET MY PASSWORD IT TELLS ME THAT "WE CANNOT VERIFY YOUR EMAIL" WHAT AM I SUPPOSE TO DO? 

Need Help? Let's chat.