cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time out error while registering new account

RFPM
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Got a time out error message when registering new account..right after putting in credit card number...message says to contact customer service but how? Will not allow me to log back on...please help

8 REPLIES 8

@marimacas wrote:

Clear cache, restart the browser and try again after15-30 minute. If the problem persists, contact a moderator.

@Stephmasse73 
@marimacas 

Waiting either 15 minutes or 30 minutes wouldn't accomplish anything after a failed activation.When an activation isn't completed, the activation system locks the sim card number out for exactly 50 miniutes since the last attempt.

Also, when payment has been attempted, it's very important to first check if the card has already been charged. If it has, and as mentioned earlier, the Public Mobile cell phone service might actually be working.  In addition, there have been times in the past when customers get error mesages about the card not being charged or other miscellaneous strrange messages or things happenings, and when a customer tries again, they sometimes end up get charged multiple times.

marimacas
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Clear cache, restart the browser and try again after15-30 minute. If the problem persists, contact a moderator.

@Stephmasse73 Fyi, if you need to expunge on an idea, click on the three upright dots on the top left of you post to edit it.

Stephmasse73
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Close page and browser, wait 15 min and relog after in a fresh browser page

Stephmasse73
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Wait 15min and try again

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@RFPM wrote:

Got a time out error message when registering new account..right after putting in credit card number...message says to contact customer service but how? Will not allow me to log back on...please help

If your credit card was charged, try your SIM it may work. In any case, contact the moderators

To get a ticket click https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ and enter your question into SIMon.  Follow/invent prompts until you get to the Contact Us button, click it and a Submit Ticket button should appear.

If you encounter problems submitting a ticket, you can send a private message to Moderators here https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437, but this alternative method may have longer response time.

If there was no charge, try the activation again in a couple of hours. Review this article to see if you made any errors on first attempt: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-to-Activate/ta-p/251824

Bear in mind these suggestions:

• if stuck on select number, try selecting the "transfer number" option, then select new number again

• try the "previous" button, then reenter info

• clear your browser’s cache/cookies and restart your computer

• use a different browser, or private/incognito mode

• turn off any popup/ad blocker

• no punctuation signs, commas, apostrophes, dashes in the activation form

• pay attention to any field length limits, and if you have a long name(s) enter short ones; do not enter middle names

• be sure your postal code is entered WITHOUT spaces

• choose any valid Canadian number that is not your own as “Alternate”

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@Anonymous Done

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RFPM wrote:

@Luddite : maybe this could be moved up

Need Help? Let's chat.