cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This is horribly confusing

djdave
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

- I purchased 500 min Canada-Wide Long Distance for $5.00

- I am charged $10.00 to my CC (actually I think it was more with fees)

- Now I am showing a balance of $5.00

- My 500 min of Canada-Wide Long Distance is nowhere to be found

- No confirmation email of my purchase

I have no idea of what just happened, other than I have a $5.00 balance and no add-on.

- There is nothing showing under current add-ons. 

- Transaction history shows: Credit/Visa Debit TopUp-Réapprov crédit/Visa Débit Credit payments $5.00. Balance $5.00.  Just confusing.... The $10 transaction should be properly logged. So somewhere I've lost $5.00 and no add-on. 

25 REPLIES 25

djdave

Thank you kindly. We got it solved, but yeah it's a long confusing post. 

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Contact CSA to create a ticket for the missing add-on.

Or click on the blurb on the bottom right. 

I m sure you have been through https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/overview-of-add-ons already.

djdave

You didn't. Check your private messages please. 

@djdave 

If I offended you I did not mean to....anyhow try tapping the "@" key to tag another member to help cut down on being confused by who is referring to what, when and how come....

@darlicious  Ouch!  That hurts. Do not engage is my advice to you. 😂

djdave

The replies do not thread in relation to the original post. That last reply was to the one above yours. 

djdave

I'm not sure what the point of that post was nor how it helps anything here. 

@djdave 

I don't disagree with you. But a receipt with this system when you cannot even print out or download your monthly "bill" is just pie in the sky thinking....I do make a mean apple pie maybe I'll invite you over one day for a slice.....you are in BC aren't you?😃🍎🍰🍽

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@djdave wrote:

Not sure I'd agree with that analogy and simply because this is not a vending machine. The interface is misleading in that it allows you go through the full process of a purchase. It then asks you how you'd like to pay.  You pay, with the reasonable expectation that you've just purchased an add-on, but alas... It was actually a dry run. 

The interface should not be allowing you to proceed if you need to have funds in your account first. Or... It could simply retain the purchase and then proceed with the transaction upon adding funds.  There are numerous other ways but you get the idea.

Finally, an emailed confirmation of payment is not a foreign concept, it's a standard and acceptable means of informing the client that the transaction was successful, and a courtesy that does not require a whole lot of overhead. 

Still a good service, even if the interface is a little unusual.  Thanks again. 

This is Public Mobile. You have been here for over a year (according to your profile) and you know nothing of its idiosyncrasies?

😉

djdave

Not sure I'd agree with that analogy and simply because this is not a vending machine. The interface is misleading in that it allows you go through the full process of a purchase. It then asks you how you'd like to pay.  You pay, with the reasonable expectation that you've just purchased an add-on, but alas... It was actually a dry run. 

The interface should not be allowing you to proceed if you need to have funds in your account first. Or... It could simply retain the purchase and then proceed with the transaction upon adding funds.  There are numerous other ways but you get the idea.

Finally, an emailed confirmation of payment is not a foreign concept, it's a standard and acceptable means of informing the client that the transaction was successful, and a courtesy that does not require a whole lot of overhead. 

Still a good service, even if the interface is a little unusual.  Thanks again. 

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@djdave wrote:

No matter what the case it's confusing. I selected my products and it asked me to pay for them. And so I did, but WAIT...  You now need to go back and repeat the process.

There's nothing unreasonable about the expectation, that, if you're asked to pay for something, you get that something -you're supposed to somehow, figure out, you need to go back and repeat process and THEN get that something.

Just gonna confuse people. Moreover a confirmation email /receipt should ALWAYS be sent upon a successful purchase. 

Whatever... I'll get it sorted out somehow, 

At PM, every payment you make in your account flows through your Available Funds.

Think of it as the kitty.

When you make a payment (by credit card, voucher), money goes to the kitty.

It will sit there until you buy something (plan change, plan renewal,add-ons...) then the money will be taken from the kitty.

See? Simple...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@djdave : It has ever been thus. Many people before you have had this complaint. The word I use is non-intuitive. The instructions are right there of course but really, who reads stuff. So there you are. Money on account ready to buy add-ons.

@djdave 

Yes it is a little confusing but think of your self serve account as a vending machine. You can push all the buttons you like to get the snacks you want but nothing happens until you put money into the machine. And even then nothing happens you still have to push the appropriate buttons to get the snack you want otherwise you will get the gummy bears that the little kid before you kept pushing the buttons for before you with his mom saying "No!"

Same thing your self serve account doesn't know want you want even if it directs you to top up you still have go back and purchase the add on and confirm its what you want...a built in fail safe. An email reciept just isnt going to happen thats what your transaction history is for...if you bought it the transaction appears there and the add on shows up on your overview, usage and your plan and add ons pages.

Are you still missing $5? Edit: $5 mystery solved...sort of....lol funny you mention the funny cigarettes!🤣🤣🤣

djdave

This just gets more strange. The CC is showing a charge of $5.60. Yet I know the final amount showing on the screen was $11,60 or something. I was not blasted... I was not high. I know that's what I saw. 

I saw $11 in change as the charge to the CC before hitting the submit button. I know that because I kept staring at it, trying to figure how the extra $5 was being added in. I started over and tried it again. Same thing. Should of taken a snapshot. 

So now I can take the $5 and pay for my add-on.  

Thanks for the help

djdave

No matter what the case it's confusing. I selected my products and it asked me to pay for them. And so I did, but WAIT...  You now need to go back and repeat the process.

There's nothing unreasonable about the expectation, that, if you're asked to pay for something, you get that something -you're supposed to somehow, figure out, you need to go back and repeat process and THEN get that something.

Just gonna confuse people. Moreover a confirmation email /receipt should ALWAYS be sent upon a successful purchase. 

Whatever... I'll get it sorted out somehow, 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@djdave wrote:

Rebooting the phone did not do anything. I will need to contact a CS Agent. 

Thanks again

@djdave 

you have my instructions how to contact CSA,

can you go sign in to Self-Serve, to review your account, Status Active !!

@djdave 

No.

Your credit card is showing a $10+tax charge from pm? You must add funds to your account first then go back to plans and add ons and choose the add on ($5/500min) and then confirm and submit your payment for the add on. That solves that issue but not the missing $5 from your top up. Please confirm that the $10+tax has been charged to your card. If so then contact customer support to resolve that issue.

djdave

Rebooting the phone did not do anything. I will need to contact a CS Agent. 

Thanks again

Anonymous
Not applicable

@djdave wrote:

Alright, thank you. 

@djdave 

your welcome
and let us know is will working !

djdave

Alright, thank you. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@djdave wrote:

Are you saying I need to reboot the phone in order for my purchase to how up on the console?

@djdave 

yes you have too reboot the phone,

Anonymous
Not applicable

@djdave 

your Add-on is not going through and are you sure charged $10.00 to my CC.

or Explain your issue to Contact Customer Support Agent by  ,
they can solve your issue, they are nice Service Team they will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link,
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number, 
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • your Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck..

djdave

Are you saying I need to reboot the phone in order for my purchase to how up on the console?

djdave

Thank you but that is not the information I require. As my post says, I've done all that, but no add-on. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@djdave 

sign in to Self-Serve, to review your account, if you found at Available Funds: $ ?

Try To Purchase Add-Ons Using Your Self-Serve Account

To purchase Add-Ons using your Self-Serve account, follow these steps:

1. Click on ‘Purchase Add- Ons’ on the Overview tab and scroll down to the Add-On calculator.
  2. Click the plus sign (+) to add and the minus sign (-) to remove selected Add-ons.
  3. When you’ve added all your desired Add-Ons, click ‘Buy Add-Ons’ or ‘Make a Payment’ below the calculator:
    • You will see ‘Make a Payment’ instead of ‘Buy Add-Ons’ if there are not enough funds in your account to make the purchase.
    • If you don’t have sufficient funds to purchase the Add-Ons, you will be asked to make a one-time payment equal to the price of the Add-On, less your current available funds. Click ‘Submit’, then ‘Go back’: now the button below the calculator will say ‘Buy Add-Ons’.
  4. Select ‘Confirm my purchase’, and you’re off to the races!
  5. after you Add-on you have to do Rebooting your phone

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

Overview Of Add-Ons visit Here link.

Need Help? Let's chat.