cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This is Pam Prasad

pamprasad1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I lost my phone and I want my number still but, the verification code keeps going to the number that I don't have for now.   I can't sign into my account because yahoo keeps sending the code that you give to them using my stolen phone.  How do I keep the number and report my phone stolen and enter my account on here to pay the bill. 

5 REPLIES 5

@darlicious wrote:

As since public mobile limited the availability of their SIM cards it makes it very difficult for customers in your situation to acquire a SIM card quickly.

So what is smart idea of limiting SIM cards? Does PM wants new customers or not?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@pamprasad1 

Do you not know your login credentials to your Yahoo email account? If your whole life is tied up in your phone then you need to create a new email address or use one that you do have access to and contact customer support to change your email. However you will need to know many of your account details and your credit card information if you have a card on file in order to get that email changed.

Alternatively you can swap out the SIM card through customer support as well but you will need to know the same amount of account details in order to perform a Sim swap.

When is your renewal? At this point your renewal failing would be better as it would cut the service off to whoever has your phone until you can gain access to your account and suspended via lost stolen.

You can get your basic account details by calling 1-855 4 PUBLIC and enter your 10-digit phone number. If you know your account pin you can use your credit card on file and make a payment or if not you can use a voucher. Although this will not help until you get your phone number back before you can perform a Sim swap as well.

SIM cards are available from public mobile they may be available on Amazon or from a corporate Telus or Koodo store. Make sure you call ahead to find out if they have any Public Mobile SIM cards in stock. As since public mobile limited the availability of their SIM cards it makes it very difficult for customers in your situation to acquire a SIM card quickly.

If you tell us your location there may be a community member who would be willing to help you out if they have an extra SIM card. Otherwise contact customer support and see if they will suspend your account via lost/stolen in the meantime while you figure out everything else.

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@pamprasad1 

at your email  Yahoo press at forgot password   and set new password if you know all info inside your email

but if you don't know inside your email any info then forgot about and make new one.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@pamprasad1 - so are you trying to log into your account to list it stolen?

Or, trying to swap your SIM card through your My Account...if this, can you use the email option? But if you have not created a My Account before you may need CSA help

Click here to request a SIM Swap with the Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA): Submit ticket for a SIM SWAP

For reference once able to log in:

See "How To Change Your SIM Card" at the bottom of this Help Article: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/sim-swap-fraud

edit to add:

If the account is currently in suspended status you can also look into obtaining a voucher to make a payment through 611,  see here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles?q=vouchers

Locations to obtain some: https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/payment-voucher

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@pamprasad1 

Need Help? Let's chat.