cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The number you have called is not Assigned

Adrian11
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi. I have just changed my phone number through My Account; however, I am having trouble with my new number. I can make calls and the new number does show up on the other person's phone, but if someone attempts to call my new number the machine says "the number you have called is not assigned." Can someone assist, please? I have good reception, so that is not the issue. Thanks!

10 REPLIES 10

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@esjliv 

Geez....don't devalue yourself surely your worth a nickel? 🪙🪙🪙🪙🪙

@darlicious wrote:

@esjliv 

I'm happy I could help resolve the issue for you. Cheers!

😂"If I had a penny...." @darlicious 

crustylady
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@darlicious 

So selfless. 

You seem like a very grateful person. 

Cheers!

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@esjliv 

I'm happy I could help resolve the issue for you. Cheers!

@Adrian11 wrote:

Thank you for the quick response. Yes, I have logged out and logged back in to My Account since changing the number. I also restarted my phone in case that was the issue. Yes, I can see the new number on my profile and the account is active. 

@Adrian11 - changing your phone number should go smoothly. But, hiccups could happen. Sounds like an account issue to me. If it doesn't resolve itself soon, and you would like to try and keep that number ask CSA about it.

­­­Public Mobile Representatives customer support­­­ agents (CSA) can be contacted by either two methods, found here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

Adrian11

Okay, thanks for all the advice. I will give it 1 more day or so, and if not I will have to try a new number. 

I kind of relate this to networking DNS (domain name service). The new number and it's routing needs to spread out to all the providers. Maybe give it a day or so.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Adrian11 

You may have to choose another phone number unless you really want it you can contact customer support to see if they can properly assign the phone number to your account. But try rebooting your phone first.

Adrian11

Thank you for the quick response. Yes, I have logged out and logged back in to My Account since changing the number. I also restarted my phone in case that was the issue. Yes, I can see the new number on my profile and the account is active. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Adrian11 - have you logged out of your My Account since you made the number change?

Try that, then call the number again. Also, do you see the number listed in your profile of your My Account?

And is your account status Active?

Need Help? Let's chat.