cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thanksgiving Deal

krazykiwi
Mayor / Maire

Am I the only one that is disappointed in the lack of special plans being offered for this weekend? I was expecting something, feels like I got coal in my sock....Smiley Sad

Saw people mentioned a different $60 plan but do not see anything like that. 

18 REPLIES 18

@Kim1971kim wrote:

I didn’t see any deals either just a bonus data deal but I didn’t get it in time 😕

Thanksgiving was back in the beginning of October. There's no need to post in every thread for no reason.

Kim1971kim
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I didn’t see any deals either just a bonus data deal but I didn’t get it in time 😕

@awfmilton wrote:

Still there for me right now!

The $60 plan isn't a secret. All customers who log into their self serve accounts will see this $60 plan available.

awfmilton
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Still there for me right now!

@awfmilton wrote:

The 60 dollar plan is still available, but it's not worth it in my opinion. You can find it at: https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/plan-and-Add-ons/ChangePlanLandingPage/

Screenshot_20191014-165924_Chrome.jpg

Still? This plan was launched on Friday. It's not the same plan as earlier in the week.

Thanksgiving may not be synonymous with Promos but it is synonymous with saying thanks and if you are a service provider one way to say thanks is to offer a promo....so I guess it is all in how you look at it!

awfmilton
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The 60 dollar plan is still available, but it's not worth it in my opinion. You can find it at: https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/plan-and-Add-ons/ChangePlanLandingPage/

Screenshot_20191014-165924_Chrome.jpg

The 50$/month plan is 8.5gb and 2$ off with auto-pay. Essentially, you're paying 10 dollars extra for 1.5gb, that's barely a deal in my opinion. 

I almost decided to jump on the Koodo 60 dollar plan they offered Public customers this weekend, but the only difference is extra LTE data, not worth the switch in my opinion.

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@krazykiwi Public skips back to school, Black Friday, and Boxing Day. Promos timing seems different than other carrirers.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@jonfirlotte wrote:

Perhaps a free turkey with select plans would have been ideal (I'm serious), that would have been a good P.R. move.

About P.R. and turkey...

I remember the old show "WKRP in Cincinnati" and the episode on Thanksgiving turkey giveaway.

https://vimeo.com/243777281

Happy Thanksgiving to you all...

jonfirlotte
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Perhaps a free turkey with select plans would have been ideal (I'm serious), that would have been a good P.R. move.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Thanksgiving is the time for a feast.  It is not synonymous with cell promos.  We can save it for black Friday/cyber Monday and boxing week.  

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@krazykiwiIt seems that deals for Public Mobile are variations of $10 off for 6 months on $50 plans or more anyways.

I think Koodo with retailers (eg Bestbuy) gift card deals are more attractive.. especially if you need a phone and when they are offering $5 for 5Gb.

@poppingAhh I see so it is only available to existing users.. since it is not on the front page.

Screen Shot 2019-10-11 at 6.38.14 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-10-11 at 6.37.29 PM.png

popping

@GinYVR wrote:

@poppingThe $60 plan is no more.

I am talking about the new $60 10GB plan - NOT the old expired $60 US roaming plan

Read my post again on how to get the new $60 10GB plan. 

popping

System maintenance is scheduled on Sunday Morning.

Scheduling a 2 days flash sale this weekend is not a good idea.

YMMV

We may have a sale on Monday after the system maintenance is out of the way. 

YMMV

@poppingThe $60 plan is no more.

popping

@krazykiwi wrote:

Am I the only one that is disappointed in the lack of special plans being offered for this weekend? I was expecting something, feels like I got coal in my sock....Smiley Sad

Saw people mentioned a different $60 plan but do not see anything like that

Click [Change Plan] button on your overview page after login.  The new $60 plan is the last plan in the list of plan currently available.

Plan Details:

• $58/30 days with a $2 AutoPay reward activated (Reg Price $60)
  • 30-day plan
  • 10GB of data at 3G speed4
  • Unlimited Canada-wide and U.S2 Talk
  • Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging3
  • Voicemail and Call Display

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

It could be a posssibility of Black Friday or Cyber Monday deals or promotions.  They seem to be big retail shopping days.

Need Help? Let's chat.