cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texts being sent multiple times

Barboj2
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Most times when I send a single text .. the person will receive it multiple times.. sometimes up to 6 

I have restarted my phone, tried to switch to a next TXT app (textera). All without any success .. 

It does not happen all the time 

12 REPLIES 12

Barboj2

I used to have google messages app but read somewhere that it can cause this problem so switched to textera.. normally the people i send to are not in same house .. but within 5 k .. I can try the RCS change

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Barboj2 Try the Google Messages app. Make sure you don't enable RCS. Whenever the other party receive duplicate texts, are you near the same location by any chance? How is the signal level when this issue occurs? 

Barboj2

Happens various times to most of my contacts 

Barboj2

This has been going on for a few months now so not sure how much longer to give it

Barboj2

This I have tried with the standard android message app. I read somewhere about textera maybe being better but not much change

Barboj2

Thanks I'll try this

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Barboj2   Try to clear cache first

also, the duplicate  messages issue, does that happen to only one recipient ? or it happens to different people you sent to?

@will13am wrote:

@Barboj2 , could the multiple texts be due to conflicts between textera and the stock SMS app?  Whichever app you are using as the default text app, please force close the app, delete app cache and relaunch the app.  

There could also be an issue with the text messaging intercarrier intermdediary.  I suspect that this issue might fix itself over time.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Barboj2 , could the multiple texts be due to conflicts between textera and the stock SMS app?  Whichever app you are using as the default text app, please force close the app, delete app cache and relaunch the app.  

@Barboj2 

• turn off device take out SIM card and inserted back and turn on,
  • go to your text app clear cache/clear data,
  • updated version of Messages app,
  • if outgoing texts messages from specific contacts
  • check your software ios update date,

and rebooting device.

still same issue then contact support team by > CS_Agent  to check it your account.

Barboj2

Motorola moto

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@Barboj2 

what device brand and model you use.

Need Help? Let's chat.