cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texting issues

frankindustries
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So I have have been using PM for two days now and have been having a new to this phone issue with text messaging. I will be unable to send any texts my program ( messages) tells me that there is " no sms connection" it shows an icon of a cloud with a line thru it. It will stay this way until I restart my phone. I receive no warning about the lack of connection I also still have full bars.

8 REPLIES 8

frankindustries

So this issue has been solved. 

I reset to default the APN's and it appeared to solve the problem. I am no longer having that issue. texting and phone work as they should.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@frankindustries wrote:

Also I should mention that after I restart I am able to text and receive calls normally.  Also intermittently I will be unable to make a voice call or text.

I suspect an app is interfering somehow since you say it works after a restart. Try turning off/disable apps one by one and see if there's a culprit.

Or an antenna problem.

Did you try the SIM in another phone as suggested?

frankindustries

Also I should mention that after I restart I am able to text and receive calls normally.  Also intermittently I will be unable to make a voice call or text.

Screenshot_20190322-133510.jpg

frankindustries

Thanks for the help, I have updated my SMSC, so hopefully this will solve my issue. Unfortunately I am unaware of what triggers this event so I will have to wait for today to see if the issue happens again.

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@frankindustries wrote:

So I have have been using PM for two days now and have been having a new to this phone issue with text messaging. I will be unable to send any texts my program ( messages) tells me that there is " no sms connection" it shows an icon of a cloud with a line thru it. It will stay this way until I restart my phone. I receive no warning about the lack of connection I also still have full bars.

@frankindustries 

Try your sim card in another phone does text messages work? The common problem is your SMSC setting. Go into messages, settings, smsc and make sure 16475800172 is the correct number.

If your sim works in another phone but changing the smsc does not help reset your carrier settings and clear all cache of your messenging app. If that still does not work do a factory reset, if it still does not work your phone has an issue we canno't help you with.

If your sim does not work in another phone you need to contact the moderator team and ask them to reset your sms service. Click this to message them.

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@frankindustries wrote:

What there any update the software.  What is your text message center number set to?

Banetre
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

What kind od phone are yopu using?

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@frankindustries wrote:

@frankindustries are you using iphone?

Need Help? Let's chat.