cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texting Not Functioning

ongbryan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The text function on my phone stopped working two days ago. Can't receive or send text messages. A message pops up saying the text will be sent wehn service becomes available again. What's going on? Data and voice seem okay.

18 REPLIES 18

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@matbasm wrote:

@srlawren wrote:

@matbasm wrote:

@TrevorPM, When you return fromthe US, sometimes texting does not work for a short while.  Usually returns in about a day.  You can try messaging the mods to see if they can force the system to correct itself.  You can also try restarting your phone (if you haven't already).

@matbasm while true, not helpful since @TrevorPM already said they weren't travelling.  

@srlawren, Actually, @TrevorPM did indicate that they just returned from the US.  Perhaps you are thinking of someone else (or i am loosing it completely Smiley Happy)

@matbasm you're right, I was confusing Trevor with the original poster @ongbryan.  It's confusing sometimes when someone else piles onto an existing topic instead of starting their own thread.  My apologies.

@TrevorPM this has probably resolved itself by now--reboot your phone if you're still not getting inbound SMS messages and it should be working.  If not, contact the moderator team via private message (see the link in @Mary_M's reply above) for help.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @ongbryan,

thank you for posting on our community regarding your text messaging !

Even if, after all of the troubleshooting, your services aren't properly working, don't hesitate to reach out to us by private message, we can look into it for you 🙂

Cheers,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

danikiers89
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

mine does this all the time. most of the time just restarting the phone solves it. im not sure why it does it though

matbasm
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@srlawren wrote:

@matbasm wrote:

@TrevorPM, When you return fromthe US, sometimes texting does not work for a short while.  Usually returns in about a day.  You can try messaging the mods to see if they can force the system to correct itself.  You can also try restarting your phone (if you haven't already).

@matbasm while true, not helpful since @TrevorPM already said they weren't travelling.  

@srlawren, Actually, @TrevorPM did indicate that they just returned from the US.  Perhaps you are thinking of someone else (or i am loosing it completely Smiley Happy)

srlawren

@matbasm wrote:

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

matbasm

Click here to send the moderators team a private message.
Information regarding the moderators team can be found by following this link.

jp2

@TrevorPM there is a bug when you come off a roaming add on it should fix itself in a couple days or you can send a private message to the mods to fix it sooner 

TrevorPM
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm having the exact same issue.  Just returned to Canada from a trip to the US and was on a roaming plan.  Did you find a fix?  

ongbryan

Thanks. Texting has just come back on, as mysteriously as it vanished. 

srlawren

@ongbryan as strange as it sounds, try a different texting app from the Play Store, such as Android Messages, Textra SMS, Chomp SMS, etc.

ongbryan

Android. Did the reset but no luck. Thanks for your suggestions.

ongbryan

Thanks for your reply. I haven't been roaming, so I guess that's not a cause.

meocon

Are you using iOS or Android OS? Did you also try reset network settings?

ongbryan

No setting changes as far as I can tell. Haven't been out of the area. Thanks for your suggestion.

ongbryan

Yes. Turning the phone off and on doesn't seem to solve the problem.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@ongbryan Have you just finished a US Roaming text add-on? If so, this is bug that usually clears in a few days, or you can message the moderators.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ongbryan, Has anything changed on your phone (settings, etc?).  Otherwise, it sounds like something at the account level (since talk and data are still working).

I recommend you send a private message to the moderator team and ask them to investigate.  include your account# or phone#, as well as your account PIN (if know) to help speed up the identification process.

Click here to send the moderator team a private message.
You can find information regarding the moderator team by following this link.

BTW, any chance you were out of the country just before it started?

meocon

Did you try to turn off your phone and turn it on again? Maybe just a bug it'll go away soon.

Need Help? Let's chat.