cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text offer

RSBP
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I got a text offer today for 5GB of data at 3G speeds of up to 3gbps for $25/month. A couple questions - a) will I still get my rewards off every month? b) when will my 5GB start? TIA!

11 REPLIES 11

@Hadza2 Does it say in the text? Usually for the targeted offers you can only accept by text, and it will be at next renewal.

Hadza2
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks. When would the new off start?  Now, or my renewal date ( December 11) ? 

@hTideGnow For #3, the screenshot is of a purchased add-on with an expiry date.

@Hadza2 

1. not one month. Once you are on the new $25 5GB plan, you will be there

2. not roll over data, but new 5GB every month

3 your add-on bonus from December will stay even with plan change

My Advise is to take the $25 5GB offer, it is a great plan

@Hadza2 

1) Permanent

2) No. You'll get a fresh 5GB every month, but unused data from the prior month does not roll over.

3) That 1GB will fall off if not used by the expiry date.

Hadza2
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Same here, I got the same offer.  My text offer said it expires November 20. So I have to decide soon.  

Questions:

1. Is this a one time offer for one month (or limited time), or is it a new permanent plan?

2. Will the 5 GB roll over? 

3. What is my best option, since I still have some data left from a 1 GB add-on? 

public mobile 2.pngpublic mobile.png

Andrew2001

Be sure to complain if your speed doesn't reach 3gbps!

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

The text offer you can only apply effective your next renewal AFAIK. If you're close to your renewal date it may miss and change at the following renewal. However save screenshots and if it is missed and you want it early you can send a message to @CS_Agent. But it should change on your next renewal date if all goes as planned (and if you respond to the offer).

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@RSBP 

- If you are a member on the old rewards system then you will get your rewards on the new plan. 
- You have the option for the new plan to start now or on your next renewal date but please note that if you want the plan to start now. You have already paid the the existing plan plus you will be charged for the new plan…no prorated refund on the balance left on your old plan.

So I would highly recommend you change the new plan on your next renewal date.

Joel96

a) Public offers both Rewards and Points now. Basically, all the prior rewards are reformatted into Points that operate the same way. The Refer-A-Friend program should directly translate, but the loyalty program is different. IMO the rewards offers a better long term discount, so it better to not switch over to the points system. I don't believe that changing the subscription will change the reward system as well, otherwise, there should be a notification sent as it changes what you are signed up for.  b) It should say in the message, I would assume the offer would start next bill cycle as Public generally wouldn't refund any remaining balance for the current month. That just makes the transfer easier.
I would suggest accepting the offer and checking with customer service if the rewards system changes. Overall the difference isn't too big and that offer is reasonable.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@RSBP , there will be no change to your rewards if you take this offer or change to any other plan for that matter.  Plan change does not mean rewards change.  

Need Help? Let's chat.