cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text not working to US

barracuda68
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just subscribed to this service because it has international text.

I can sent and receive text, e-mail, pics and make calls in Canada and works fine.

I am located in Ontario.

When sending text to US it shows as sent but recipient is not receiving

text and they cant sent text to me.  What have i missed. 

26 REPLIES 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

@barracuda68 : mmmmm if one doesn't have data on then you get a text notification saying you have an MMS queued up. Then you turn on data and tap it and it comes down. I'm still confused about the email looking thing you mentioned earlier.

barracuda68

No he doesn't need to reply. It shows up as a text message.

Says this is an MMS message were in Canada we dont see this message.

@barracuda68  so when you send to US, your US friend has to reply YES or something before the MMS will deliver to them?

@Anonymous 

When I was with telus and using a flip phone I had a data block on my account. Im pretty sure thats the message I got when someone would send me an MMS. I could then view the MMS later by typing in the link online once I got home and could use my laptop.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@barracuda68 : That's a known trick way of emailing texts. Why is your texting app sending an email? Is this all recipients? All same provider?

barracuda68

Partially solved. Lot of trial and error.

So when sending to US they get a MMS message that shows

10 numbers which is your phone number with @mms.mb.telus.com

People wont answerer because they cant figure it out.

Would be nice if it showed your e-mail.

Finally got one reply. I answered back with a pic attached and it worked.

He answered me back. All is good. 

barracuda68

I turned on data and set up new apn but now what. Lot of empty field that i dont know what to put in. EX proxy, port, server, authencation type apn type, bearer.

APN enable/disable greyed out.

barracuda68

Android phone

Anonymous
Not applicable

@barracuda68 : If you're trying to send plain old SMS text then you don't need to worry about APN's and data and such. That comes into play if you are trying to send pictures. Apple adds a bit of confusion into the pot with their ability to send instant message "texts" inside iMessage that does require an internet connection.

barracuda68

Everything under APNs is greyed out and i cant change anything.

Were do i turn on Data. Is this under Roaming. Do i turn this on.

My apologies, i am so new to this.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@barracuda68 

Do you have an iPhone or an Android phone?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Turn your data on to send a Picture Messaging in world-wide,

if your data is off and your home internet wifi is on is not going through the Picture or a video Messaging, 

you have to do this to is go through you will need to turn your data on to send a Picture or a video Messaging in world-wide,

if is still not working you have to do this 

take your SIM card out and waiting for a minute and put it back and do rebooting your phone is will working,

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

and go to your APN Settings just to make sure your data is right,

or visit >>

Set up data on an Android phone (publicmobile.ca)

or visit >>>

https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en/apn/public-mobile

and if The recipient not have a data at phone plan the not receive it

Good Luck

Anonymous
Not applicable

@barracuda68 wrote:

Is this not misleading people 

It's just a little hiccup you're having. There's no intentional misleading going on.

You could try a couple workarounds.

1. Log in, click Plans & Add-ons, click on Lost-stolen, click on Suspend, log out, wait a minute or three, log in and back, click on Resume, log out, restart phone.

2. Manually add another $1, restart phone.

No guarantees.

@barracuda68  did you add 1 in front of the number you are trying to text?

Also, any chance you can have your friend in US to test you something and you reply and see if it works?

are you keep testing (and texting  🙂   ) with one specific US friend?  wonder if you can try at least couple mores to see if it works.  I could be the receiving end issue.

haha.. i know you hate that.. did you reboot your phone?

barracuda68

Is this not misleading people 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@barracuda68 : Then it seems something has tripped in your account. I would doubt all dozen people have limited texting. You most certainly should be able to text just about anywhere. Click on the cartoon quote button lower right and muddle your way through the stupid chatbot to get to Submit ticket.

barracuda68

No i did not as the provider i had did not have that service. I have texted about a dozen people in florida with the same results. I know their texting works because when i am in florida we text all the times but i have a us phone.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@barracuda68 : Can you find out whether the recipient is able to send and receive to/from international?

Edit: We know what this place can and can't do. But we don't know what the recipient can/can't do.

barracuda68

Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging is what the plan says

@barracuda68 wrote:

But it says international text. When i had it installed at Walmart the rep said ishould be able to text anywhere.

Correct - Public Mobile will text (almost) anywhere in the world.

Question is can other party receive international texts???? Did you ever text that number from some other phone?

barracuda68

But it says international text. When i had it installed at Walmart the rep said ishould be able to text anywhere.

barracuda68

Texting to Florida area code 386  I have e-mail and number. Tried texting to both and 

no go.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

@barracuda68 wrote:

Just subscribed to this service because it has international text.

Were you able to text that USA number ever before (using service of other Canadian provider)?

As mentioned, maybe USA number cannot receive international SMS?

barracuda68

Yes i can receive calls. I am using phone exactly the same as before switchout. 

Can do everything except the US thing.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@barracuda68 : What are the chances the recipient can't accept or send internationally? The prior reply is wondering if you transferred your number from another provider?

Also, what are the first 6 digits of the number you're trying to text to? I'm not sure that matter includes texting though.

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@barracuda68 

If you just activated your service can you confirm that you can receive calls on your phone?

Need Help? Let's chat.