cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text message

hanliu2018
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I am with Canada-wide basic plan. I'd like to know if I can send and receive text message for free when I am outside of Canada. Can anyone provide me the answer? Thanks.

Hong

7 REPLIES 7

hanliu2018
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for the message

Community_QA
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@hanliu2018 wrote:

Hi,

I am with Canada-wide basic plan. I'd like to know if I can send and receive text message for free when I am outside of Canada. Can anyone provide me the answer? Thanks.

Hong

Where you are going? roaming is expensive anyway.  Use data SIM there and use Whatsapp or Skypes for calls.  You can be fancy and use Fongo , but its voice quality is not good 

@hanliu2018 wrote:

With an active Public Mobile plan, you can receive text messages while you're in the U.S. for no extra charges (no roaming add-on required). When it comes to text messages, the U.S. roaming add-ons mentioned are only needed for sending outgoing text messages.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@hanliu2018 

PM only have Roaming if you are in USA making calls or texting. 
Other countries, it is better that you purchase a local SIM from that country.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

ALL PM services are while you are in Canada only. Only US has some limited time add-ons and PM will not work in any other country.

You can in/out SMS/MMS to everywhere in the world for free but only while at home.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@hanliu2018 

Sorry you can only use your plan while in Canada or in the US with 10 day US Roaming add ons.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

To pre-verify your account, provide your full name, address, your email, phone # and 4-digit account PIN#

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Not using Public Mobile, you can't. Soon as you leave Canada it'll stop unless you have one of the 10 Day US Roaming add-ons that will include text.

edit'd...spelling

PM will only work in Canada or USA (with roaming add-on). No other country included.

10 Day US Text add-on is $8 and will let you text anywhere while you're in US...for 10 days.

Need Help? Let's chat.