cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text message stuck at "sending"

APaul
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I sent and received a few messages last afternoon without issue, but I tried to send a message to one of my friend and it got stuck at "Sending". I didn't get the Retry option after 10 minutes. Then I clicked on the 'Sending"  and it gave the option to Switch to text(SMS/MMS). https://ibb.co/cQkf4WQ . When I did that the message got sent but I am not receiving that particular friend's messages anymore. But I can send texts to my other friends and receive from them.

Now today morning when I was sending the text to another friend it got stuck at 'Sending'. I am not sure if I should select the switch to text option as it might block my other friend also. Can someone help with this?

4 REPLIES 4

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@APaul wrote:

I sent and received a few messages last afternoon without issue, but I tried to send a message to one of my friend and it got stuck at "Sending". I didn't get the Retry option after 10 minutes. Then I clicked on the 'Sending"  and it gave the option to Switch to text(SMS/MMS). https://ibb.co/cQkf4WQ . When I did that the message got sent but I am not receiving that particular friend's messages anymore. But I can send texts to my other friends and receive from them.

Now today morning when I was sending the text to another friend it got stuck at 'Sending'. I am not sure if I should select the switch to text option as it might block my other friend also. Can someone help with this?

@APaul  are you android?

Turn Chat Features Off
  1. On your device, open Messages .
  2. At the top right, tap More. Settings.
  3. Tap Chat features.
  4. Toggle "Enable chat features" off.

@APaul 

If the above suggestions did not work try deleting your contact and add them again.

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@APaul 

Try and see if any of these tips work:

- Clear cache of messaging app.

- Check and install any software/system updates.

- Select 3G network only.

- Reset network settings.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@APaul 

you can try reseat the SIM card and Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. waiting a 1 minute,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,

and try manually selecting network "3G ONLY" or WCDMA only,

for iPhone visit Here link 

or Here link 

for android visit Here link ,

and do Rebooting your phone

*what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

and you can try to reset network settings and Changing APN Settings
Spoiler
For IPhone

Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords,

or visit  Here link, 

and go Changing APN Settings On An IPhone

click Here link, 

How to reset network settings on an Android device
  1. Open the Settings app on your Android.
  2. Scroll to and tap either "General management" or "System," depending on what device you have.
  3. Tap either "Reset" or "Reset options."
  4. Tap the words "Reset network settings."

or visit  Here link,

and go Changing APN Settings On Android device

click Here link,

Ensure you have the correct APN settings by visit Here link,

Select the brand and model of your phone, After doing so, you will be provided with the exact APNs required for your phone on our network.

Need Help? Let's chat.