cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text message issue.

Jiaxin
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

when someone using iPhone sent me messages, they were sent to someone else, and the person replied. I have an Android phone, but messages sent were blue (supposed green). I can text and messages were received with no issue. Hacked?

6 REPLIES 6

wolfrat
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If they try to reregister the number with iMessage, won’t they be asked to verify with an SMS message? 

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Jiaxin 

this has happened to someone else in the past. they had to contact the carrier that assigned their number to someone else. you can unlink the number from apple. however, if this person really was assigned the same number they will reregister iMessage. 

in short it's a huge security flaw and I would try to do some investigating. talk to customer support and try to find out which carrier has assigned the number. then ask them to fix it

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Jiaxin 

My friend is the opposite, he has an iPhone but when I reply back to him. His my replies are green. I found out that he uses a different messaging app rather than iMesage.

It could be the messaging app that the other person us using.

wolfrat
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The iPhone person probably typed the wrong phone number.

Or do you have a new phone number? It might be that the person who had the number before still had iMessage linked to that number. 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Jiaxin 

It's possible they were sending it to more than one recipient.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Jiaxin  .that’s strange. Maybe reset network settings . See if that helps 

Need Help? Let's chat.