cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text Message plan

aramex1122
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi everyone.

I'm new to Public mobile and have a question that you might be able to answer.

If I don't get a text plan, do I still receive text messages? If yes, is there any charge for receiving text?

If I don't have text plan, how much will it be if I sent a text message?

2 REPLIES 2

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@aramex1122 welcome to the community, and thanks for your interest in Public Mobile (PM). 

The way PM operates is entirely pre-paid.  You select the services you want, and pay for them up-front.  Anything you don't select and pay for, you just don't get.  So if you don't select a texting option, you will not receive any messages, nor be able to send them.  This means you'll never get a surprise charge at some later date.

Do note that the more services you do select, the bigger the discount becomes on your overall plan cost.  For example, on a 90-day plan, if you choose only one service (say, ONLY talk, or ONLY text, or ONLY data), then you get no discount;  if you add a second service (talk + text, talk + data, text + data), then you get a $15/90 day discount on the plan cost.  Adding a 3rd service (so all 3) brings that discount up to $60/90 days.  So you really get the best value in selecting 2 or ideally all 3 services.  Experiment a bit in the plan page (https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans), and you may find that the plan you want is as cheap or even cheaper when you include texting than if you don't.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

If you don't have text in your plan, you will NOT receive or send text. There are no texting add-on or additional texting services offered by Public Mobile. 

Need Help? Let's chat.