cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Temporarily disable Autopay

trigger
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Currently, on Autopay and getting $2 rewards and plan renewal date is 19th Sep. Can I remove the Autopay to not renew the plan and enable it back on 1st Oct to restart the plan and Autopay rewards?

8 REPLIES 8

Your payment is every 30 days. You will never be able to say you have to pay on the 6th of the month every month. Also if your balance builds PM takes money from balance and then from auto pay arrangement. I am not sure but believe suspending an account and un suspending can change your date as does changing your plan. 

Try this.....it works....you can make your own payment date. 

Hybrid Prepay your account and keep auto-pay in place.

Try this hybrid customer developed auto-pay system. It works!

For your future use and thought. Since we all depend on our mobile devices we need to have reliable service so here is a method to insure yourself to avoid the insufficient funds situation. 

Manually pay 30 days ahead. Leave auto pay in place (just in case) as that alone gives you $2 off and if it is NOT used you will still get the $2 off. Then when you receive your text that your account has been paid, that then becomes your reminder to prepay again. Depending on the accumulation of any earned (vs expected) credits you may occasionally downward adjust the amount you prepay. Do a screen print of your text and treat it like a bill to pay. 

PS. This would also ensure that if you had to wait for a voucher to be valid that anxiety won’t set in as you will have time to wait it out before your next 30 day term payment is due.

Copyright 2020

Anonymous
Not applicable

@trigger wrote:

@Anonymous

Thanks, that makes sense. Also, I assume I will lose the "first" Autopay rewards since I need to pay the full amount to reinstate the service and then starting next month it would be auto applied. Is my understanding correct?

If you have a balance in Available Funds now then manually pay in to cover the difference so that there's enough to renew the plan. The Rewards in the rewards area only get converted at renewal. Not coming out of a suspension. iirc they rewards will deposit into your account afterwards.

Everything flows in and out of Available Funds.

trigger

@Anonymous

Thanks, that makes sense. Also, I assume I will lose the "first" Autopay rewards since I need to pay the full amount to reinstate the service and then starting next month it would be auto applied. Is my understanding correct?

@trigger 

Why do you want to change your renewal date? It will be changing every month that is not 30 days long.

You can make manual payment any time it will not affect your rewards.

Side note, if you have enough money on your account you will renew on due date regardless if autopay is on or not, in that case the only way to stop renewal is to suspend the account

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@trigger 

If you do not have enough available fund in your account to pay your plan fee, your can disable autopay and let your account suspended the amount of time within the 90 days limit.

trigger

Yeah, I am trying to change the due date by not impacting the Autopay rewards. Now sure if the reward would come back after I remove Autopay and add it back. 

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@trigger wrote:, 

Currently, on Autopay and getting $2 rewards and plan renewal date is 19th Sep. Can I remove the Autopay to not renew the plan and enable it back on 1st Oct to restart the plan and Autopay rewards?

Yes, you can do that. You have 90 days to renew your plan after the renewal date.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@trigger wrote:

Yes but you'll need to pay your full plan cost. The reward will come after.

If you're just trying to adjust your due date...it will float back up again.

Need Help? Let's chat.