cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching subscriptions

Marcy5
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I would really like to take advantage of the new subscription for the states and Canada. $34 per month. Is there any way to switch even though I’m not a new subscriber?

5 REPLIES 5

Tritanix
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Phil_Adelphus wrote:

Porting out and then porting back in again is a loss for you if you have any significant amount of rewards/points.

If such an option exist, I would agree to loose all my referral bonus points to make the switch. Because I have very little.

@Tritanix   The new activations only thing is something all the carriers do.  Once you switch from one to another for a "new activation" plan then from that point you are no longer a new customer with the new provider and become ineligible for their new activation plans.  With postpaid plans you might be able to haggle in that case but PM is prepaid.   People who have had success getting the new activation switch with PM have reportedly been typically going for a plan that costs more than their current one.  Yours is $34 for $34 so not an upgrade for PM money-wise. 

Porting out and then porting back in again is a loss for you if you have any significant amount of rewards/points.

I can't suggest another provider, I came here due to dissatisfaction with my previous one which lost service every time there was a power outage - so far that hasn't happened with PM - and it cost a lot more for less than here.   I currently have the $102 for 150GB unlimited 90 day plan, so $34 for 50GB a month which I think would be hard to beat elsewhere not to mention that due to the points I've accumulated it's even less than that.  I don't need US coverage.

Tritanix
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@hTideGnow, @Phil_Adelphus I have send private message to CS_Agent for the exact same purpose: switch my non-US $34 plan to the new US-CAN $34 plan. The answer was:

We do not have the option to provide you with a plan as you are an existing customer. If you want a Canada-USA plan as an existing customer you can go for the plan of 40 dollars with 75 GB of mobile data.

I had presented my case in a in a positive light. Cancelling my current plan, then re-sign up as "new activation" would achieve the same results. But would be quite some hassle. It would be much simpler, and also to keep existing customers happy, to just allow existing customers to switch plan.

I don't know what is the rationale of the "new activation" business. Is it government requirement ? Of course, this could be enticing to attract new customers. But the same could be said of the competition who offer similar plan. So overall, the "new activation" constraint may lead to losing more customers than attracting new ones.

One thing I can tell is, if I can switch plan, I am unlikely to switch provider. But b/c I cannot, I begin looking to jump ship. BTW, can you suggest a phone provider?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Marcy5 

technically no as it is for new activation only.  But you can try to ask agent and hope for the best (some had luck and got it).  please submit a ticket with CS Agent here:
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437  

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Marcy5   The only way is to ask customer support, send a private message  using this link

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

An agent will reply at your inbox, envelope icon top right or tap your avatar for Messages.  There's no guarantee they will allow it but at least you will have tried.

Need Help? Let's chat.