cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching from bell mobile to public mobike

sheila_persaud
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How do I  switch from bell mobile to public mobile and keep current phone number

8 REPLIES 8

PatrickH87

Thanks for this info! Is this info still accurate?

marimacas
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Public Mobile is a prepaid service and usually does not issue refunds. You could contact a moderator to explain your situation, but I would say no gurantee.

@sheila_persaud wrote:

I recently returned to my previous provider so need a refund on my public mobile account.

DL888
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

1. Get PM SIM

2. Register/Activate SIM online.

3. During activation process you will have a choice to port over number, provide required info for your Bell account for the port.

4. Wait 45min to an hour...everything should now be ported to PM. At least for the 3 ports I did from Bell, it took less than an hour.

sheila_persaud

I recently returned to my previous provider so need a refund on my public mobile account.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@sheila_persaud wrote:

How do I  switch from bell mobile to public mobile and keep current phone number

@sheila_persaud 

1. Buy a Public Mobile SIM card. Your choices are: Buy online or buy online from amazon of find a store.
  2. Activate your SIM card by clicking here (Don't forget to use a referral code to save an additional $10). Pick a temporary number and once your activation is complete and everything works to your satisfaction then port your number over from Bell.
  3. Port Number: Access your selfserve account and select the Change Phone Number option. Enter your Bell account number, name on the account and your Bell phone number. Ports usually take up to 4 hours to complete. Just keep using your Bell sim until it stops working. Once that happens you can start using your Public Mobile sim.

Welcome to Public Mobile! Smiley Happy

joeyzeller

If switching from Bell, it is highly advised that you use your BAN (billing account number) for the port in request.  You can request this by calling Bell (1-800-663-0123) or via chat (www.bell.ca)

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You will need to keep your Bell account open during the porting process.

Here is more info.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/choose-your-phone-number

Need Help? Let's chat.