Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching from Public Mobile to Videotron - Porting Number Over

Noorulabdeen
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

My question is the following:

I am switching to Videotron but will not receive the SIM card until Monday. 

I am porting my number with Public Mobile over. 

I have received the text from Public Mobile asking whether I want to approve the request. It says it will expire in 90 minutes.

I want to know if I should reply Yes at this time or wait until Monday when I have the Videotron SIM card in hand. 

Will I be able to keep using my Public Mobile service until Monday, if I reply YES to the text message today?

3 REPLIES 3

Tinop
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

You should wait until you have the sim card. That way you know if it went through.  

Alveeto
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Wait until you have the Videotron SIM card.

@Noorulabdeen wrote:

My question is the following:

I am switching to Videotron but will not receive the SIM card until Monday. 

I am porting my number with Public Mobile over. 

I have received the text from Public Mobile asking whether I want to approve the request. It says it will expire in 90 minutes.

I want to know if I should reply Yes at this time or wait until Monday when I have the Videotron SIM card in hand. 

Will I be able to keep using my Public Mobile service until Monday, if I reply YES to the text message today?

Your Public Mobile service will keep working until porting has completed.  However, if you reply YES to the text message from Public Mobile, the Public Mobile service would likely stop working in less than a hour after that.  You won't want to complete the porting until after you've received the SIM card from your new carrier.

Need Help? Let's chat.